cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j2sw
New Contributor

One LastPass account associated with multiple LastPass Business accounts?

I am sort of looking to do the reverse of the MSP option.  I am a consultant for several companies.  Each of these companies is not using a password manager at the moment or using a different product.  Is it possible for me to be a member of multiple lastpass enterprise accounts? I don't want to be the MSP, but have access to multiple companies' Last Pass?

Do they just need an enterprise account and then add the same e-mail address of mine across each company? Do I then need an enterprise account or do they just show up as shared folders inside my last pass?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: One LastPass account associated with multiple LastPass Business accounts?

Hello,

An email address can only be associated with on LastPass Account, if you would like to be added as a user for multiple LastPass accounts (such as multiple LastPass Enterprise accounts) you would need a separate/different email address for each Enterprise account. Being a user on an account means that the admins of the account may enable certain policies which would allow them to reset master passwords, force use of certain multifactor authentication methods, etc.

If you are just looking to have credentials shared to your own existing LastPass account, you can simply have the LastPass Enterprise admin share passwords/folders with your existing LastPass account and you will see all of the shared credentials/folders in your own LastPass account without needing to be a user on each LastPass Enterprise account. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: One LastPass account associated with multiple LastPass Business accounts?

Hello,

An email address can only be associated with on LastPass Account, if you would like to be added as a user for multiple LastPass accounts (such as multiple LastPass Enterprise accounts) you would need a separate/different email address for each Enterprise account. Being a user on an account means that the admins of the account may enable certain policies which would allow them to reset master passwords, force use of certain multifactor authentication methods, etc.

If you are just looking to have credentials shared to your own existing LastPass account, you can simply have the LastPass Enterprise admin share passwords/folders with your existing LastPass account and you will see all of the shared credentials/folders in your own LastPass account without needing to be a user on each LastPass Enterprise account. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post