cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Account Recovery but cache wiped

Hi @tbor 

My first recommendation would be to encourage/require your users to set up additional recovery options for their accounts, at least one. Since you have a Business account you could set yourself up as a Super Admin so that you can reset a users master password in the future if needed. 

In situations like this I typically start by reviewing the account, checking how long it has been since the user changed their master password and how long it has been since they signed in successfully. That information can sometimes help them remember their master password. I also remind them of the password requirements and that it is case sensitive. It is not uncommon for someone to forget that there needs to be at least one upper and lower case letter, a number and a symbol, plus typing it out in a text editor so they can see how is being entered.

As a last resort there is always the Reset option, it wipes the vault and lets them create a new master password for their account. If most of the sites they need and use are business ones that have been shared with them, this may be a more time effective option.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!