cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powercloud
New Contributor

Reset Password by Superadmin not available

I am superadmin from our LastPast Enterprise Account. The rule to reset users passwords as superadmin is set to my account and for some users, i have the ability to reset there master passwords.

Some of our users forgot there master password and exactly for those, i am not able to reset there master passwords. I used the option to reset there sessions already, but nothing changed. Is there another trick to force the reset of those users master password.

For a single user (with an empty vault), i tried to delete the account and re-add the mail again to re-create the account, but this user does not get an invite mail to activate his account.

NOTE: We are using lastpass.eu
7 REPLIES 7
JSap1
New Contributor

I too am having the same issue. It appears that I can only reset password for other super admin, but the option is not present for regular users.
CaptainKarma
New Contributor

Same issue here. I am using the US version of lastpass.
denree
New Contributor

Same here: According to everything I've read I should be able to reset a user's master password, but that option is not appearing.
jpenny84
Respected Contributor

The administrator can contact support directly via the phone number listed in the admin console if they wish.
tvanhorn925
New Contributor

I am also having this problem. Has anyone gotten an answer on how to do this?
laurentmoorman9
New Contributor

Same problem here. I hope we get a solution very soon.
Scott_K
New Contributor

Did anyone get a fix for this?

Support advised for users that master pass reset isn't available for to get them to login out/in on the extension ... That worked except:

• assumes users recall master password (chicken-egg anyone?)
  • aside manually checking every user, that's not a good solution
  • (and my favourite side-effect) re-adding or adding a sysadmin causes the problem to reset and happen all over again

Tried a few Admin to Super Admin reconfigs (hence the third side-effect) without success.

Tags (1)