cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSS3
New Contributor

What's the best way to request passwords from clients?

I've been using LastPass for years but am brand new to the enterprise functions. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to use it for my business. 

We manage social media accounts for clients. Right now I create a shared folder for each client and then I have to walk them through opening a last pass account and adding their passwords to the folder. 

I want to streamline this. I would love to be able to send a request to the client so in just a couple clicks they type in the password and it's added  to the folder. And then my team has access to it as well. 

Is this possible?  I hope it makes sense. The bottom line is I want to be able to do more work on my side, rather than having to coach the client through adding passwords and adding them to the folder. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: What's the best way to request passwords from clients?

Hi @SSS3,

Currently there isn't a way to request a password from someone and add that to LastPass, you would need to have them create a LastPass account and then have them share the desired credentials with you via LastPass as sharing can only be done via two LastPass accounts/users: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/use-the-sharing-center-lp020007

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: What's the best way to request passwords from clients?

Hi @SSS3,

Currently there isn't a way to request a password from someone and add that to LastPass, you would need to have them create a LastPass account and then have them share the desired credentials with you via LastPass as sharing can only be done via two LastPass accounts/users: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/use-the-sharing-center-lp020007

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post