cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

error when Sharing a Shared Folder with a family member

Hi,

I have a paid LastPass family membership.

A few weeks ago, I tried sharing a Shared Folder with my wife and got the error "ERROR: We're not sure what went wrong. If the problem persists, reach out to the LastPass team." But then I tried again after a few days, and was able to share it successfully with her.

A few days ago we linked one of my sons into the shared family account. I want to share the same folder with him. But I'm getting the same error message.

Apparently LastPass is pretty overwhelmed and isn't offering much in the real support department at present.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, e.g. how I might obtain more substantive debugging information, perhaps by using web browser developer tools.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: error when Sharing a Shared Folder with a family member

I had this exact issue.

I had run into it a LONG time ago, and vaguely remembered that I had been told it has something to do with the other user's account not having a key or similar.

The solution in this case was for my son to create a LastPass entry (which if I recall, causes LP to create a key for his account), and then I was able to successfully add him to my shared folder.

(NOTE: I had logged out / in of my account a few times in the process, as did my son, not sure if either of these are necessary or not).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: error when Sharing a Shared Folder with a family member

I have the same issue. I added a family member (succesfully), but I get an error when I try to share a folder with him.

If the problem persists contact support... and I have no idea how to contact support