cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

tax payment for company in Russia

Hi there,

I've noticed that you added tax to our invoice.

But our company is registered in Russia and is not a taxpayer in any other country.

So could you please send me your docs about your tax residential in Russia and add your VAT number to invoice or exclude your tax from our invoice?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: tax payment for company in Russia

Hello @gomobile,

To comply with local tax laws, LastPass will apply the tax rate associated with the purchaser’s location to the invoice. The purchaser's location is determined by the IP address that is used when the purchaser is on the payment/purchase page. If you are using a VPN service this can change where your location is set to and may be why the VAT is applied incorrectly to a purchase.

If you've paid VAT on a purchase that shouldn't have had it applied, please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to open a ticket with the billing team: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: tax payment for company in Russia

Hello @gomobile,

To comply with local tax laws, LastPass will apply the tax rate associated with the purchaser’s location to the invoice. The purchaser's location is determined by the IP address that is used when the purchaser is on the payment/purchase page. If you are using a VPN service this can change where your location is set to and may be why the VAT is applied incorrectly to a purchase.

If you've paid VAT on a purchase that shouldn't have had it applied, please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to open a ticket with the billing team: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post