Add option to give Yubikeys names

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I have multiple YubiKeys and recently started refreshing my keys to the latest versions. While transferring my accounts to the new keys, I noticed that there is absolutely no way to differentiate them in the LastPass account management page. This lack of identifiers makes the process unnecessarily cumbersome and it should really be a trivial thing to remedy.

Most other services allow you to give each key a nickname and provide you with the date that they were added. e.g. GitHub:

Nicknames and Registration dates are usefulNicknames and Registration dates are useful

If one were to have a single one of their keys compromised in a disaster scenario (e.g. it gets stolen), being forced to resort to remove each and every key from their account and then subsequently re-add each key they wish to use would be a thoroughly infuriating process (and - if their YubiKeys are their only form of 2FA - needing completely removing all devices could essentially mean forcing them to completely disable 2FA for their account for a period of time).