Hi, we would like to get the LastPass communities' feedback on the following idea so that we can be better plan our future roadmap. I would really appreciate it if you could vote on the idea and comment if you have further feedback.
We are seeking early feedback as to whether we should combine LastPass's two mobile applications - The Password Manager Application and the Authenticator Application. The idea being that users would be able to see all of their Passwords, Secure notes, Addresses, Payment cards, Bank accounts, Wi-Fi passwords, Software licenses & TOTP codes within a single application. The combined application would also be able to receive push notifications in the same way as the LastPass Authenticator Application works today.
The benefits (In my opinion) of combining the apps would be:
- No need to backup the Authenticator Application to the Password Manager Application as they would be a single app which is backed up to the cloud;
- There are plan to add TOTP accounts to the the Password Manager Application soon. For these users there would be less motivation to have two separate applications which will provide largely the same functionality; and
- Combining the two applications would allow for us to enable a feature whereby users would be able to receive push notifications on multiple devices and sync their TOTP codes across devices.
The drawbacks (In my opinion) of combining the apps would be:
- For users who simply want an authentication application it might be confusing (Or excessive) to download an application which also offers password management; and
- Security conscious users may prefer a separate authentication application so that they always have 2FA enabled for their password manager application.
I would really appreciate it if you could vote on the idea to combine the two applications and comment if you have further feedback.