cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abbadon
New Contributor

Biometric Password Reset - "Account recovery is not set for this email" message

1. I used to mobile login by biometric for months.

2. Suddenly LastPass asked for master password. Fingerprint login is disabled.

3. I don't remember it, so i'm trying to reset master password.

4. Only way is to reset password by mobile application in my case.

5. When i try to reset password by mobile phone i get a message:

"Account recovery is not set for this email"

What does it mean? Why it's disabled? What can i do?

If i reset account i'll lost all saved passwords. How can i reset password by mobile application in my case?

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Biometric Password Reset - "Account recovery is not set for this email" message

Hi @Abbadon,

If you see any error when trying to recover via biometrics this means you will need to try another recovery option to see if any are available. All possible recovery options are outlined here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

If you've tried all other recovery options your final option is to reset your account and start over with a new master password and new Vault. Steps to reset can be found at the bottom of the article linked above.

Please be aware that LastPass Customer Care has no knowledge of a user's Master Password and it is not possible for LastPass Customer Care to reset or change a user's Master Password or assist a user with changing/resetting their master password.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
marko1012
New Contributor

Re: Biometric Password Reset - "Account recovery is not set for this email" message

Hi , I have exactly the same problem, biometric is stop showing on login part. Now i can reset my master pasword i get some crazy massage every time i try to do so with mail recovery. I download exstension lastpass for google chrome , for mozzila and edge and i cant get reset form or whatever. Suport is realy bad in my opinion , i lost 2 hours on diferent metod and i do not success to finish .

Any halp will be great .

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @marko1012,

As noted in the reply above if you see any error when trying to recover via biometrics this means you will need to try another recovery option to see if any are available. All possible recovery options are outlined here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

If you've tried all other recovery options your final option is to reset your account and start over with a new master password and new Vault. Steps to reset can be found at the bottom of the article linked above.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!