cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Broken fingerprint scanner, unable to disable and log in

Hi there - I use LastPass on browser and my mobile phone, and had biometrics enabled for mobile use. Recently my fingerprint scanner on my phone stopped working, and until I get it fixed I would like to use my master password to access my LastPass app instead, but I'm not able to access the app without biometrics.

The app recognizes that the fingerprint scanner has a changed, and asks for my master password, but even after I enter it it asks me to scan in anyway. I can still access my account from the web, but have been completely locked out of the app, which was how I mainly used the service. Is there a way for me to disable the biometrics requirement from my account online? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Broken fingerprint scanner, unable to disable and log in

Hello,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass app, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to see if you are then able to log in to the app without the biometrics prompt?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass app, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to see if you are then able to log in to the app without the biometrics prompt?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, that worked! Thank you