cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eerick903
New Contributor

Cannot backup lastpass authenticator to cloud

Dear all,

I'm on iPhone X and tried to backup the authenticator items to cloud. The app asked to open the LastPass app after I clicked the backup button. Then I follow that and also face-authenticated and logged in to the app. However, it still prompted me to Select Account, which there's no button on the app I can select account. Please help. Thx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xman42
New Contributor

Hi,

just found a post with the solution in this community.
Bottom line:
1. Open LastPass app and logout. Then close it
2. Open LastPass Authenticator and select backup
3. Follow the instructions, open LastPass and login

then backup was enabled

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
xman42
New Contributor

Hi,

just found a post with the solution in this community.
Bottom line:
1. Open LastPass app and logout. Then close it
2. Open LastPass Authenticator and select backup
3. Follow the instructions, open LastPass and login

then backup was enabled

LostStonerBoy
Active Contributor

This doesn't work at all

nelsonch650
New Contributor

Yep, this is 'iffy' at best.  These instructions did not work for me either.  I tried several things, and honestly can't remember what I did to finally get it working on an iPhone.   I did log out of the Lastpass app but it still took several tries before and option to "use <email address>  account" showed up as a choice. 

I'm now trying on an android device for another account and it refuses to do a cloud backup even though all the steps seem to have finished properly.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Lastpass Authenticator with no effect.  I just get the "your authenticator accounts couldn't be saved to the cloud" error message repeatedly and it never enables.  I've tried so many combinations of Lastpass app logged in/logged out, biometrics enabled/disabled, enabling/disabling the authenticator from the vault, and other tweaks to settings.  Not sure what the magic combination is, but I've worked on this for a couple of hours now and can't get backups working.