cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericintx
New Contributor

Got a new phone - can’t remember master password- Face ID recovery not working

I got a new phone. Tried to log in and of course I can’t remember a ridiculous 12+ password.  Went back on the phone, made sure I had Face ID recovery set up,  When I went to use it per the instructions here, Face ID verifies me then I get this read spinning circle for a while then I get a failure message.  

I desperately need to figure out why Face ID is failing.  

2 REPLIES 2
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Got a new phone - can’t remember master password- Face ID recovery not working

Hi @Ericintx,

If you see any error message when trying recovery via biometrics this means that recovery option will not be possible and you will need to try a different recovery option. All of the possible recovery options are detailed here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

Please be aware that it is not possible for LastPass Customer Care to reset or change a user's Master Password or assist a user with changing/resetting their master password. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Chonbomb
New Contributor

Re: Got a new phone - can’t remember master password- Face ID recovery not working

@RachelO I'm in the same boat, got a new iphone, Lastpass app logged me out, not recognizing the face, attempted all the recovery methods and not recognizing the master password I had created. Very frustrating.