cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

How to use LastPass autofill for app logins

Hello,
I use mostly lastpass only on the pc, now I have also downloaded as an App. Now Lastpass works also with the app off the phone, but only because I already registered them on the pc, like Facebook.
But I want to use Lastpass for apps that are not present on the pc but only on the phone, how I can do that?
Thank u so much
Sorry for my English 😅

20 REPLIES 20
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How to use lastpass for app

Hi @gurnazl

Are you using an iPhone: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/lastpass-for-ios-lp060002 or Android https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/lastpass-for-android-lp060001 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hello, I use iphone but the apposite guide did not help me
LogMeIn Manager

Please make sure that you have enabled autofill https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-enable-and-use-autofill-in-the-lastpass-passwo...

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hello, yes I have enabled!
In fact like I said initially, the app that I previously used on the browser of the pc, they works, like Facebook. The only problem I have is with the app on the phone that don t have a website for logging in
New Contributor

Honest question here and sorry if it's stupid: so I've been using lastpass and the company is around for some time and nothing has been heard regarding security issues. Apart from the article which is a bit alarming (although I don't know anything about coding so I will just trust the writer), what other arguments are there for switching to bitwarden? How long have they been around and has the community looked at their code and concluded it's fine? Or is everybody going there by jumping on the hype train of "open source and new"?

Active Contributor

Hello, can u help me about it?
If u do not understand I can repeat the problem in a different way
Active Contributor

Hi,

I think I know what the original post is asking. Let's say you want to add a site like www.mybank.com to LastPass, you can add a new password entry and then enter the url of the website. Now suppose the bank has an android app mybank, how would you add it? It has no URL. Some of the time, you can just enter the url of the website if it has one, but sometimes the URL is different.

So if you have an app mybank that needs login, how would you add it? HOw does last pass associate an application with a password entry?

Paul

Active Contributor

Hello,
Yes! This is exactly my problem, you know how to solve it?
Thank you so much 😊
Active Contributor

I don't have an iphone, but the following is a link to an article.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-enable-and-use-autofill-in-the-lastpass-passwo...

Afterwards, when you go to a site, it should get filled in or have a prompt to do this. I have been told that this actually works a lot better in IOS.

Once autofill is working, you should be able to bring up a app. In my case, I use the app Target, which I did not setup login on the website for. I tend log into target manually. Once I login, you should get a prompt asking if you want to add the site to last pass. When you do, the site should appear in the last pass. If you examine the URL, you will see the URL for the app, which is probably just the same as the site any way if it exists, but not always. In general, apps are a pain, it doesn't always work.

Give that a try and see if that works.I may have an old iphone in the drawer somewhere to try it out if you have further issues.

Paul