cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louisvallance91
Active Contributor

LasPass iOS app constantly logging me out and asking for master password

Dear Community,

Over the last few months, I've noticed on a couple of occasions that my iOS LP app on my iPhone 12 is constantly logging me out and showing me the Email/Master Password prompt.

My security settings are as follows:

• Use Face ID: YES
  • Lock Options: Immediately
  • Skip reprompt after login: 5 minutes
  • Auto Logout: Never
  • Clear Clipboard: 30 seconds
  • Log Out On Close: NO

The LP app will immediately log out if I swipe the app away from the recent apps list; otherwise, the app logs itself out after approximately one minute regardless.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling Face ID, which does not solve the problem.

I also have the LP app installed on my older iPhone 11 (running the same iOS 15.1) with the exact same app settings, and the log out issue does not happen.

has anybody else noticed this problem? It makes the app basically unusable because my master password is, for very obvious reasons, extremely long and gnarly.

Cheers,

Louis

28 REPLIES 28
RubikWizard
Active Contributor

Exactly the same problem here on iPhone 13 Pro. Started a few weeks ago. It's driving me nuts! I've tried many combinations of settings but nothing works.

My settings are

• Use Face ID: NO
  • Use LastPass Pin Code: NO
  • Lock Options: NEVER
  • Skip reprompt after login: 1 minutes
  • Auto Logout: Never
  • Clear Clipboard: 30 seconds
  • Log Out On Close: NO

Tags (1)
jrcchicago
Active Contributor

Same settings as RubikWizard, same problem as they and the OP have. Very irritating having to type my 36-character master password on my phone multiple times a day.
jjexpat00
New Contributor

Bumping this as I also have this issue on iOS 15/iPhone 13 Pro with the latest app version. Closing/swiping away the app from recents is a guaranteed way to log out the app session. Seems like the FaceID login auth flow has changed in a semi-recent update.

As a pseudo-workaround, I have the "Remember master password" Login Setting enabled - when opening LastPass the password will be pre-filled, and upon clicking LOG IN, FaceID will be prompted. So one extra step effectively by needing to click LOG IN. Fortunately though the pre-filled master password is not viewable.

RubikWizard
Active Contributor

@jjexpat00 

Thanks for the tip about saving the master password. At least I can use the app again without constantly typing it in, although not ideal.

About 3 weeks ago I was asked by LastPass to send them the diagnostic log from my phone, but I have not heard from them since sending it.

Hopefully will get fixed soon. Really annoying.

mjr4184
New Contributor

I overlooked this post originally and duplicates with

https://community.logmein.com/t5/LastPass-Mobile-Apps/LastPass-will-not-stay-logged-in-iOS/m-p/28103...

I’ll just add here I have the same problems and it makes LastPass nearly unusable as others have said. The workaround of saving the password sounds like a security risk of its own.
RubikWizard
Active Contributor

I updated to the latest version (5.5.2) but the issue still persists for me.

louisvallance91
Active Contributor

I'm also on 5.5.2. However, I haven't encountered the issue for several weeks now. It's almost impossible to reproduce this issue reliably.

RubikWizard
Active Contributor

That's good to hear, but for me the issue is still happening 😞 but only if I force close the app (swiping up). I have to say that this behaviour nearly always happens, but now, occasionally, it doesn't. Very odd!

abouttoleave
New Contributor

I've been dealing with this issue for months! Why is it that every other app on the planet has no issue remembering that I have enabled TouchID but not LastPass? Every F'in time I need to log in to the app, it asks me for the Master Password. What's the point of being able to use TouchID / FaceID if it barely works?!

Seriously going to leave LastPass as soon as my current subscription ends because of this one issue.