cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Last Pass does not work with Bank of america App on android

Recently, I have notice that Last Pass no longer works with the Bank of America App in Android. When I open the bank of America app, I do not see any controls to fill the user name and password via Android oreo autofill framework. In addition, I have accessibility turned on and it doesn't appear either for the legacy autofill.

The site works fine under windows. Other bank apps do not have this issue. Any idea how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Last Pass does not work with Bank of america App on android

Hello,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass app, restarting your device, then reinstalling the app and ensuring Autofill is enabled once more after the app is reinstalled?

1. Open the app, then log in with your username and Master Password.
  2. Select the Vault Menu icon in the upper-left of the screen.
  3. Go to Settings > Autofill.
  4. Toggle on the switch for the Autofill login credentials setting.
  5. Tap Next, which will display your Android device's Accessibility menu.
  6. Tap LastPass, then toggle on the switch for the LastPass setting to enable it.
  7. Tap OK.

Ref: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-enable-and-use-autofill-in-the-lastpass-passwo...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Active Contributor

I am thinking that Bank of America does not work because there is no association between the app and the website. On other apps, when I enter the user name and password in the app, it would prompt me to save the entries and the URL in the app would be same as their website. On Bank of America, this does not happen. It never prompts to save the password..

Paul

LogMeIn Contributor

That sounds like it is the case, as app developers are supposed to associate a URL with their app in order to make this connection and allow password managers to autofill credentials for the app. Unfortunately there's nothing you can to force this connection as this is something the app developer would need to add on their end.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
New Contributor

If the LastPass icon does not appear in your web browser toolbar, be sure that the LastPass web browser ... For security purposes, autofill via LastPass will not occur on the initial page load of only sites because ... then click Open My VaultBwwlistens

Active Contributor

Update, it appears that Bank of America has associated the android app with bofa.infonow.com. When I tried to add this in equivalent domain, I find that lastpass already has an association of *.infonow.com to bank of America. I still had to associcate the autofill with the app, but after that it appears to work now.

Paul