cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abacrombe21
New Contributor

LastPass app Face ID not working - Required Password Every Time

On my iPhone 8, when I opened the LastPass app I just used my finger to sign in.  I just got a iPhone 12 plus, and every time I open the LastPass app, I am required to enter my (very long) password.  When I open any other app that requires a password, LastPass enters it using face ID with no problem.  This only happens when opening the LastPass app directly.  I tried every setting and check the box to allow for 30 days.  Nothing helps.  Any suggestions?  

I have "Face ID" and "Account Recovery" enabled in Settings, security.  I also have "Log Out on Close" unchecked. 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: iPhone 12 Face ID not working - Required Password Every Time

Hello,

Could you check the LastPass app settings by going to Settings > Security > and making sure Auto Logout is set to a time longer than the setting for Lock Options is set to? For example, if you would like to never have the App fully log out and require your master password, you would set the Auto Logout option to Never. Then for the Lock Option setting, you could set this to 24 hours so that once locked, the LastPass app will require Face ID to unlock the app once every 24 hours. (There is a difference between logging out of the app and locking the app, logging out requires typing in the master password which can't be replaced by Face ID or Touch ID)

If you'd prefer to have the LastPass app fully log out and require your master password to log back in at some point, you could set Auto Logout to whatever time you'd like but the Lock Options settings will change to only allow shorter durations than the Auto Logout setting. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
abacrombe21
New Contributor

Thank you for responding.  It doesn’t seem to matter how I toggle these settings. When opening the app on my phone it requires a password. However when logging into other apps or websites, it does prompt for Face ID and that does work. Here is how it is currently set. 

lastpass_faceid.png

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the information, could you try uninstalling the app, restarting your device, then reinstalling and checking that the settings are the same and trying again to see if the issue is still happening?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!