cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Why is LastPass is 17+ in the iOS App Store?

Why is the app rated 17+ in the Apple store? I want to use it for my children who are somewhat younger without enabling all the adult content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass age level in Apple store

Hello, 

Currently the LastPass app on the App Store is required to be rated 17+ by Apple due to unrestricted web/browser access in some older app version. As we still have versions of the app with built-in browsers, we won't be able to have the app re-rated just yet, but we do hope to remove these older versions of the app and remove the age restriction in the near future although we don't have an ETA for this change currently.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello, 

Currently the LastPass app on the App Store is required to be rated 17+ by Apple due to unrestricted web/browser access in some older app version. As we still have versions of the app with built-in browsers, we won't be able to have the app re-rated just yet, but we do hope to remove these older versions of the app and remove the age restriction in the near future although we don't have an ETA for this change currently.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

New Contributor

The response states: "...we don't have an ETA for this change currently..." which is extremely disappointing since I can find reference to this going back to 2019...

I currently have the Family plan and having now created a email address for my youngest daughter I cannot install the app and this basically invalidates the family capability when using IOS devices...

Given the app supports the ability to launch in an-app browser and this is the gating feature that has forced Apple to place a 17+ limit on the App I am very surprised LastPass does not see this as important enough to fix what is now a bug in their app... I.e. in OS interoperability...

I really hope a fix for this is prioritised and fixed in 1st quarter 2021...

I am a paying fan of lastPass  but they need to address this or else their number #1 benefit of the APP (i.e. its ease of use) is greatly undermined...