cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markvr
Active Contributor

"Unable to start autofill" message on Android

I keep getting the message:

"Unable to start autofilll. Please reboot your device and then disable and re-enable the Lastpass accessibility service.  If this problem continues please contact customer support"

Doing as it says temporarily fixes the problem, but it only seems to work for a few hours before I have to do it again.  I'm not sure how to contact customer support, so thought I'd try this forum.  Do Lastpass monitor these forums?

Samsung Galaxy S8

Android: 9, patch level 1st September.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markvr
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to start autofill

I found out this was due to the battery optimisation, which was killing the background app.    Excluding the LastPass from being "optimised" fixed it.

Goto Settings -> search for "Optimise Battery Usage" -> show "All Apps" and disable optimisation for Last Pass.

The Samsung S8 is a pretty common phone, I'm surprised this issue isn't more common or known about!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @markvr

When it stops working, if you open the accessibility settings in your phone again are the still enabled for LastPass or is it showing as disabled?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
markvr
Active Contributor

Apologies, I didn't get notified of this reply.

It's still enabled in accessibility settings.
Sometimes disabling and reenabling fixed it, other times I need to reboot.
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

So that our team can gather more information and hopefully resolve this issue, could you submit a bug report following the steps outlined on this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
markvr
Active Contributor

I found out this was due to the battery optimisation, which was killing the background app.    Excluding the LastPass from being "optimised" fixed it.

Goto Settings -> search for "Optimise Battery Usage" -> show "All Apps" and disable optimisation for Last Pass.

The Samsung S8 is a pretty common phone, I'm surprised this issue isn't more common or known about!

View solution in original post

dougfielding
New Contributor

I've been struggling with this issue for many months, but Markvr's solution resolved it for me. Finally! Thank you!