cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigRedBob
Active Contributor

4.65.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 hangs on connection to complete MultiFactor Authentication

problem began after most recent upgrade to 4.65.2 - launch app, enter password, see "Last Pass/MultiFactor Authentication" panel with Duo icon and red progress dots...all good...except that is as far as it gets.  Prior verisions would launch browser (Safari) to complete MultiFactor Authentication - but that isn't happening now.  Have uninstalled/reinstalled app, checked macOS permissions, etc..nothing has changed behavior.  

7 REPLIES 7
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: 4.65.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 hangs on connection to complete MultiFactor Authentication

Hello,

I did a refresh on your LastPass account, could you try logging out of LastPass, restarting your browser and the LastPass mac app, then trying to log in once again to see if you are able to log in and complete multifactor authentication as well?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
BigRedBob
Active Contributor

Re: 4.65.2 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 hangs on connection to complete MultiFactor Authentication

Rachel:

Did as you requested - no change in behavior.  Am unable to shutdown and reboot at the moment, that will be my next test.  Will update you after that

Bob

BigRedBob
Active Contributor

Rachel:

Okay, 2 events:

- rebooted device

- upgraded to 4.66

No help.  Launching app still results in hang at Multifactor Authentication window.

One other observation: I've been able to access my LastPass vault via browser extensions (Safari, Firefox and Chrome) - all of which manage the Multifactor Authentication appropriately.  Interestingly, once I've logged into the Safari browser extension, attempts to refresh the vault in the LastPass App result in a quick view of the  vault - then a return to the Multifactor Authentication screen.

I can't help but think that the fact I've upgraded to macOS Big Sur has something to do with this, even though the LastPass app worked fine until the 4.65.2 update happened.

Any thoughts?

bob

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for giving that a try. Our developers would like to gather more information and hopefully resolve the issue, so that we can gather more specific data could you submit a bug report to our team following the steps here? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
CraigMcF
New Contributor

Hi 

I'm a premium Lastpass user and have exactly the same issue with Lastpass 4.75.0 on MacOS bigsur 11.3 Safari, Duo MFA just hangs with 3 bouncing dots and never displays the Duo page to send a Push/Text etc

On the same machine on Chrome it works perfectly, can opt to send a Push and login successfully 

Craig

BigRedBob
Active Contributor

Craig:

Yes, this is my experience - the LastPass App just hangs on MFA, but the extensions (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) work find...so fine, in fact, that I now log in to LastPass via one of those extensions (usually Safari) - and then open the vault from there.  Crappy workaround, but it does work

Bob

CraigMcF
New Contributor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, in relation to this :

• but the extensions (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) work find...so fine, in fact, that I now log in to LastPass via one of those extensions (usually Safari)

It was Safari I was trying to get Multi-factor Auth working on so that it can autodetect password fields on webpages and autofill them.  Do you have this working ?

I thought that with the newer MacOS versions the Safari extensions it now launches lastPass as an App in the dock once enabled in Safari extensions, it used to work OK before I upgraded to BigSur but now just hangs 

Did the LastPass teams attempts to debug it for you help ?

CraigMcF_0-1626771673783.png