cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annaatvale
New Contributor

Account email renamed and can't update to new address

Hi there

The email address I use to log in to LastPass has been renamed (from xxx@mycompany.com to yyy@mycompany.com). So I log in to Last Pass successfully with the old email name, but when I try to update the new email name in account settings, I never receive the test email to the new email account. The new email account is definitely working and send/receives mail from other sources. Have checked spam and bin also. I cannot check the old email account as it technically no longer exists. Help!

Anna 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Account email renamed and can't update to new address

Hi @annaatvale,

In order to change the email address associated with your LastPass account you need access to the current/original email address (this is where the test email is sent, not to your new email) as outlined here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-change-my-email-address

If you can't access the original email, you would need to export your current Vault contents then create a new LastPass account using the email address you can access.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
annaatvale
New Contributor

Re: Account email renamed and can't update to new address

The vault export option is semi-useful but doesn't work for shared passwords, which is the bulk of my vault. Looks like I need to delete the account and create a new one, and then get all the passwords reshared again.