cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephendj41
New Contributor

Autofill war! An unknown filler is reverting LP's autofill

This happens on some of the sites I come across. Using the LastPass extension for Firefox desktop browser, I select the appropriate login. The extension autofills it, but then something strange happens. The username field flickers back and forth several times between the entry I have in my LastPass vault, which is correct, versus some older username that my browser remembers possibly from the days back before I started using LastPass. When the flickering autofill war is done, the browser usually winds up winning, leaving the username field filled with some older information I cannot use to login. I pick the correct login using the LastPass extension again, and the same thing repeats. It seems to me that some unknown software is immediately and repeatedly reverting LP's autofill after the extension has done its job, which makes it really hard to get logged in. Usually I wind up having to enter the login manually. Any one else have this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
HappyHiker
New Contributor

Re: Autofill war! An unknown filler is reverting LP's autofill

I know this was an older post, but YES..... I have exactly the same problem.  It has happened for years, on PayPal, no less.

Any solutions?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @HappyHiker,

You'll want to be sure all other autofill services are turned off in your browser first, as this can be caused by another autofill service interfering with LastPass' autofill: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-enable-or-disable-my-web-browsers-password-man...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
HappyHiker
New Contributor

Thanks for that suggestion.  I made sure all 3 Autofill options are turned OFF in Chrome, but the problem persists.

Anyone else have this problem?  Or a solution?

Thanks!

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @HappyHiker,

If this is only happening on one site and you've made sure your browser autofill options and browser password manager are disabled, it may be the way the site itself is programmed/coded and be outside of LastPass' control, could you try adding the site as a Never URL or try disabling the LastPass extension when on that site and testing again? 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!