cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserinJpn
New Contributor

Bogus Dark Web warning

I feel like I was scammed by LastPass's DarkWeb alert into signing up for a Premium account. After paying to find out what account of mine was apparently breached I was told it was AnonFiles.com, where I do not have an account and where apparently there are malware in subdomains. During the switch to Premier, I also ended up disabling the Authenticator for several nervous minutes. This experience makes me less comfortable with LastPass, and certainly with LastPass "Dark Monitoring". Does this happen a lot?  I wonder if news of "breached" domains just lures people to risky domains to see what they are - and end up with infections.   

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
PixelDudeRaoul
New Contributor

Re: Bogus Dark Web warning

Ik ben blijkbaar niet de enige die van LastPass een Darknet 'actie vereist' ontvang met betrekking tot Anonfiles.com. Ik moet mijn paswoord van die website wijzigen.
Inmiddels al 3x op een maand tijd.
Ik heb echte helemaal geen Anonfiles.com account en kan dat paswoord dus ook niet wijzigen.
LastPass ... wat is er hier aan de hand? Ik stel mijn LastPass Premium account in vraag. Is LastPass wel betrouwbaar?