cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rads
New Contributor

Can't Revert master password change, ""We couldn't find any recent changes to your master password"

I changed my master password today and while doing it there was notice about re-encrypting. When it finished it said I would need to log in which FAILED. Yes I used the new password. I locked the account and then later when I got home tried the revert to old master password but it said "We couldn't find any recent changes to your master password."

NO, the old master password doesn't work either. I have yet to get a reply from LastPass/LogMeIN.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Master Password

Hi @Rads 

I took a quick look at your account and it shows that you were sent a Login Verification Email and then shortly after you changed the Master Password successfully on your account (about 6 hours ago).  After that I only see failed login attempts.

You should be able to revert back to your previous Master Password by following these steps. I would recommend disabling any browser extensions you have installed incase they interfere with the process or use an incognito tab. If you get the same error message update your support ticket in My Cases to let Support know and they may be able to revert it for you from our side.

To revert to your previous Master Password, do the following:
  1. Navigate to https://lastpass.com/revert.php.
  2. Enter your email address, then click Send Email .
    • If you have set up a security email address, check the inbox for that email address.
    • If you did not set up a security email address, check the inbox for your LastPass account email address.
  3. Click the link within the email from LastPass (valid for up to 2 hours).

Result: A new web browser window or tab opens that indicates the date of your last Master Password change.

4. To proceed, click the link to revert to your previous Master Password. If prompted again, click OK.
  5. A  message indicates that your most recent Master Password change has been reverted.
You have successfully reverted to your previous Master Password, and can log in to LastPass using it.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rads
New Contributor

I did as instructed and still got the error
Revert LastPass Master Password Change

We couldn't find any recent changes to your master password.

I can't login to get to the case number so how can I get you to revert my password since obviously you can see I changed it
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Rads,

If you see an error when trying to Revert a recent master password change here: https://lastpass.com/revert.php then the option to allow password Reverts may have been disabled in your account settings. So that the support team can verify account ownership and assist with a revert, please create a ticket for the support team by scrolling down and clicking Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/revert-to-your-previous-master-password

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!