cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeratul2k
Active Contributor

Can't delete LastPass account

I've been trying to delete my LastPass account for a couple of hours now, with no success at all. I've followed the instructions to delete the account with and without the master password, but I'm still unable to do so.

To better explain the problem, I follow the instructions found here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/delete-your-lastpass-account-lp010012

When I'm asked if I know the master password:

• If I click on yes, the page loads an empty pop-up titled LastPass. There's no content and no way to advance further.
  • If I click on no, I'm given the option to enter my e-mail. I enter the e-mail and receive the confirmation mail, then after I click on the link provided, a page opens with the title "Delete Your Account" but it is completely empty and there's no way to advance further.

Both options have been tested on Firefox 86 and Edge 88 running on Windows 10. I've tried clearing the cache in both browsers, get the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zeratul2k
Active Contributor

Re: Can't delete LastPass account

I decided to go ahead and create a ticket. A solution was provided as my account was deleted by the support personnel.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Zeratul2k
Active Contributor

Update on this problem: on a Debian Buster installation, tried the steps outlined on the official help article on how to delete the account and got the same result as described yesterday. Browser used was Firefox 78.8.0esr and a different internet connection (cellphone data connection instead of home broadband).

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Could you make sure that none of the browsers you are using are blocking Javascript (or that there are no other content blockers or popup blockers running in the browser/in the browser settings,) which can make the page not load fully and thus the Delete button not show or work as expected.

If you're still not able to delete your account after verifying these browser and/or other extension settings, please create a ticket for our support team who will be able to assist further. To do this, please scroll down on this page and click the "Contact Support" link at the bottom to open a ticket with the support team: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/delete-your-lastpass-account-lp010012

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Zeratul2k
Active Contributor

I decided to go ahead and create a ticket. A solution was provided as my account was deleted by the support personnel.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
GudbuyTLP
Active Contributor

Unable to Delete account

The lastpass site seems to have some sort of glitch when i try to delete my account.

I've been using the method suggested at link below to delete my account.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/delete-your-lastpass-account-lp010012

When I'm asked if I know the master password , I click on yes and the page loads an empty pop-up titled LastPass with not option to delete or go to another page. I've also tried the method saying I don't know the password. It then send a link to my email to delete account. that sends me to a different page that says delete your account but also does not provide any links or way to delete account.

I've tried this on 3 different browsers with the same results. 

Why is this so hard, and can someone help me out?

GudbuyTLP
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to Delete account

Anyone?   I know I'm not the only person who deals with this. I created a ticket and the support I received did not solve the problem.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @GudbuyTLP,

I see that our support team sent an email to your LastPass account email on March 6, 2021 to let you know how the support team can help to delete your LastPass account. If you did not receive that email, please let me know and I can have the team re-send that email so that the account deletion request can be completed.

GudbuyTLP
Active Contributor

Thanks for response. I didn't see it but just replied now.

Hopefully they can help me.    Unfortunately I accidentally  closed ticket earlier by clicking a link before reading email carefully.   Hopefully I will still get a response.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

I checked and do see that your case is still active/open and your support rep will reach out to you as soon as possible via email.

MaxHeadroom59
New Contributor

Exact same issue here. I have a ticket open, but they have offered nothing helpful.