Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbbalentine
Active Contributor

Can't export CSV from Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers on Win10

from email to support:

"hi Rachel,

let me first say, none of this is your fault.

I’M ENRAGED!  1st LastPass aggressively forces customers off all devices but 1--which can happen in a pinch with mobile where there’s NO ABILITY TO EXPORT--and now having tried to export using Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers in Win10, i still can’t get an exported CSV.  i’ve searched the entire HD for type:csv, and there’s nothing…nothing except about 20 emails that were sent with NO INDICATION OR BROWSER PROMPT OF ANYKIND.
at this point, i plan to leave LastPass, but you’re all holding my passwords hostage.  i’ll have to look into the ULA, but at this point, i’m considering contacting my attorney.

please immediately furnish me with my data!

sincerely livid,

__________________"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: can't export CSV from Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers on Win10

Hi @mbbalentine 

I've given your account a 4th device type switch so you can switch to a desktop browser and export your vault. Mobile only Free customers are still able to sign in on a desktop browser to make account settings changes and export their vault data, so I try to recreate your issue and open a ticket if needed.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mbbalentine
Active Contributor

Re: Can't export to CSV

just sent this to Logmein...FFS:

"hi Rachel,

let me first say, none of this is your fault.

I’M ENRAGED!!!  1st LastPass aggressively forces customers off all devices but 1--which can happen in a pinch with mobile where there’s NO ABILITY TO EXPORT--and now having tried to export using Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers in Windows 10, i still can’t get an exported CSV.  i’ve searched the entire HD for 'type : csv' an there’s nothing…nothing except about 20 emails that were sent with NO INDICATION OR BROWSER PROMPT OF ANYKIND.

at this point, i plan to leave LastPass, but you’re all holding my passwords hostage.  i’ll have to look into the ULA, but at this point, i’m considering contacting my attorney.

please immediately furnish me with my data!

sincerely livid,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @mbbalentine 

I've given your account a 4th device type switch so you can switch to a desktop browser and export your vault. Mobile only Free customers are still able to sign in on a desktop browser to make account settings changes and export their vault data, so I try to recreate your issue and open a ticket if needed.

View solution in original post

Anntiq
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

I faced the same problem. I have run out of switching to phones and I cannot download
the CSV file from the browser.

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Anntiq,

I've given your account a 4th device type switch so you can switch to a desktop browser and export your vault. Mobile only Free customers should still able to sign in on a desktop browser to make account settings changes and export their vault data, even if their active device type is set to Mobile following these steps: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-export-my-vault-data-while-logged-in-to-my-vau... 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
BabyBetulla
New Contributor

Re: Can't export CSV from Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers on Win10

Same problem here. I start CSV export but nothing happens, not a message, zero. It's a shame. There is no indication of the fact that you need to have more switches in order to download YOUR OWN passwords. I need one more switch too, so I can finally switch to browser and be able to download the passwords. Please be fast. 

Tags (1)
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can't export CSV from Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers on Win10

Hi @BabyBetulla mobile device customers should be able to sign in on the desktop and export without switching device types, but there is an issue with this currently. I have added 2 more device switches to your account so you can switch to desktop, complete the export and switch back to mobile.