cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kam1
New Contributor

Re: Problem resetting master password

Hi Rachel,

When I click on Account recovery I receive a link in my email to use. When I click on the link I am taken to a vault where I am asked to enter a new master password. Once I enterethe new password the system does an encryption

Then I look at the account and it shows the master password was updated in June which means the new master password is not getting updated in the system. 

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Problem resetting master password

Hi @kam1,

Thanks for the additional information. We see that there are no available recovery one-time passwords for your account, which means most methods of account recovery will not work (such as recovery via email/browser). I do see that you had generated some One-Time Passwords at some point, if you are able to locate that generated One-Time Password you can visit this link to enter an OTP and your account info to reset your master password: https://lastpass.com/otp.php?forcelogin=1force_changepw=1 or try another method of account recovery: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/recover-your-lost-master-password-lp020010

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
ValSv
New Contributor

Re: Can't log in after changing master password

I had many attempts trying to recover my account. 

I proceed through the link, enter a new master password, receive a message about re-encryption. It seems like everything should work because it takes me back to the account settings. But once I try to log in again the password is incorrect. And yes, with many attempts I made sure that my password is correct. I also think that my initial password was correct because I followed the hint and use this password for a long time. I strongly believe that this might be a bug. 

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't log in after changing master password

Hi @ValSv,

I have reviewed your account and verification emails were sent after you used account recovery and changed your Master Password. You will need to verify your login via an email that was sent to your Outlook email. We would recommend checking your email account in a browser, instead of through a mail app or mail program, and making sure that these emails aren't being sent to the junk/spam folder instead of your inbox. We would also recommend checking your email settings to be sure no LastPass or LogMeIn email addresses are being blocked or are on the blocklist/blacklist. Additionally, please be sure these email addresses are added to your Safe Senders list or allowlist/whitelist in your email settings: support@lastpass.com, do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com, support-replies@logmein.com and then attempting to log in to LastPass again which will prompt a new Verification Email to be sent. The subject line of the email you're looking for is "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked"  

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!