cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JynxLP
New Contributor

Can't log in and can't upgrade

I'm willing to upgrade from free to premium for personalized support, but it requires being able to log in to do so. I used my one-time password to reset my master password, but my new master password doesn't work. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't log in and can't upgrade

Hi @JynxLP,

Our team has done a refresh on your account, could you try the Revert process again to see if you can complete the process? 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @JynxLP,

When logging in to LastPass what error message do you see? If you see an error that says "Try again or look for an email from LastPass," please check your email (including Junk/Spam/All Mail folders) as you may need to verify this login via an email message.

JynxLP
New Contributor

I have the extension installed, but got this alert:
''lastpass.com says
LastPass account recovery failed.
The LastPass browser extension hasn&039;t been installed.
Please try account recovery again from a browser with the LastPass extension.''

Also the page shows:
''LastPass
Please enter a valid username or one-time password.
If you are confident you are entering valid information, contact your LastPass administrator or LastPass support.
One-time login may be restricted by your organization.''
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @JynxLP 

That error message means that your account does not have any recovery one-time passwords generated for it currently. I reviewed your account and you used account recovery yesterday and have not signed in successfully since then. The last step in account recovery is creating a new Master Password which you did. In order to access your Vault you will need to correctly enter the new Master Password that you created yesterday. 

Remember, the master password is 12 or more characters long and has at least one upper and lower case letter, number and symbol. It is also case sensitive so you may want to type it out in a text editor to check exactly how it is being entered.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JynxLP
New Contributor

I generated a very random new password that somehow got deleted from my clipboard immediately after setting it. It was a blank character when I tried to paste it to save it or paste it to log in. Can someone please revert to my old master password? I was unable to change my settings before resetting to allow for reverts without knowing my master password, but my browser was always able to automatically log in before. The main reason I was trying to reset my master password was so I could edit settings.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @JynxLP,

While we are not able to make any changes to your account or your master password (so we cannot force a revert), you could try reverting your recent master password change and logging in with your previous master password: https://lastpass.com/revert.php

JynxLP
New Contributor

''Revert LastPass Master Password Change
Your security settings don't allow you to revert changes to your master password.
Thank you.''

JynxLP
New Contributor

My friend was able to get support to do a revert before. Did something change?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @JynxLP,

Our team has done a refresh on your account, could you try the Revert process again to see if you can complete the process? 

View solution in original post