cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johncalvinhall
Active Contributor

Can't log in, error when logging in

Hello,

Went to do my 30 day log in, and it wouldn't recognize my master password.  So, I went and jumped through the hoops resetting my master password.

I still cannot log in claiming my new password is not recognized!

68ZJwAu

What should I do next???

15 REPLIES 15
johncalvinhall
Active Contributor

Re: Have Done Everything Still Can't Login

ADDENDUM:
I saw the suggestion on using the Windows+[SPACE BAR] and tried it. I am typing in the correct password.
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @johncalvinhall,

When trying to log in to LastPass, what error message do you see?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
johncalvinhall
Active Contributor

When I first log in, I receive a message that my password is wrong.

I then go to LOST PASSWORD and then click on ACCOUNT RECOVERY and it asks me for my email.

Then I give them my email and confirm I am not a robot (reCAPTCHA) and click continue.

Then I receive a text message to my phone.  I type it in and hit Verify Button.

Then I am sent to [Click to Recover Account] button and it asks me if I  want to use a one-time password.

I choose YES and I  receive:

KdaFYuW

This browser does in fact have  a LastPass extension.

I check-mark the box and click OK...  Nothing Happens.

What should I do next?

I have the extension on both Chrome as well as Firefox and both browsers have failed.

I don't know what else to do.

D0ctorphil
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. My password stopped working this morning -- I did not forget it, I know it, and it suddenly wouldn't work on a windows 10 computer, using Chrome and Edge.

This is the error message: "Review your login info and try again. If you think you entered valid info, check your email to verify login."  I have checked my email and there is nothing.

Password recovery using SMS did not work -- it said a text was sent to my phone but I did not receive it in three attempts. 

Password recovery on iOS  using Touch ID did not work. Error message: "something went wrong. Please try again later."

Password recovery on iOS using Face ID worked on the third attempt -- but my new password won't work on my Windows computer. Error message: "Review your login info and try again. If you think you entered valid info, check your email to verify login." Same as before.

I still can't get into Laptop on Windows 10.

RachelO

Hi @D0ctorphil,

The error message you're seeing doesn't mean the password being entered is incorrect, it means that you need to verify your login via email. Please check your LastPass account email (including Junk/Spam/All Mail folders) to verify this login via an email message.

RachelO

Hi @johncalvinhall,

Does the error message say "Review your login info and try again. If you think you entered valid info, check your email to verify the login."? If so, this doesn't mean that the password being entered is incorrect, it means you need to check your LastPass account email and verify this login. Please check your email (including Junk/Spam/All Mail folders) to verify this login via an email message.

johncalvinhall
Active Contributor

Yes,

/Correction

I did receive an email the first time, but when I tried to log in with that new Master Password, it wouldn't allow me.

/

Have carefully gone through my entire mailbox as well as the spam folder; I haven't found any more emails.  I've even directly written to Support and they have not gotten back with me.

I've changed my Master Password 2-3 times and now it doesn't allow me to change the pw at all;

Have been a LastPass subscriber for years and have never had a problem,  Now, I am about to end my subscrition

RachelO

Thanks for the information. So that we can investigate further, could you send me a Private Message with your LastPass account email address? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @johncalvinhall 

I have reviewed your account and while you were sent a verification email for a login back on May 6th, no others have been sent since. It looks like after the verification email on May 6th you changed your Master Password and the failed sign ins since then have been because the new Master Password did not match.

As you have not been able to sign in successfully since you changed the Master Password you have no recovery one-time passwords generated for your account, so you cannot use recovery to access it. What you can do is revert your account to the previous Master Password that you were using before you changed it.  

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!