cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dick99999
New Contributor

Can't log in to LastPass after changing master password

I tried to reset my account, since I could not remember my very old master password. I found various issues.

- When trying to recover in Firefox, the recover procedure insists that the LastPass extension in not installed, while it is.

- When trying to reset it in Chrome, the procedure works and correctly says no recovery possible

- When trying to reset in Firefox, I could not get passed entering my new password (20 chars) , same in Chrome.

- It appears that there are password rules which are not mentioned in the procedure

- I extended my password wit characters from all categories, and the procedure worked.

- Got the message :now logon with the new password

- Tried my new password and it was not accepted, I received an email warning that someone tried to logon from an unknown location (the same one I deleted the account from)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Errors during resetting my account

Hi @Dick99999,

The email that you received should have the subject "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked", you need to click the red Verify button in that email within 2 hours of receiving that email in order to complete your login. To send a new verification email, please sign in to LastPass again with your new master password and a new verification email will be sent.

Once you're signed in, we would recommend setting up as many possible recovery options as possible: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-set-up-all-account-recovery-options-for-lastpa...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Errors during resetting my account

Hi @Dick99999,

The email that you received should have the subject "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked", you need to click the red Verify button in that email within 2 hours of receiving that email in order to complete your login. To send a new verification email, please sign in to LastPass again with your new master password and a new verification email will be sent.

Once you're signed in, we would recommend setting up as many possible recovery options as possible: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-set-up-all-account-recovery-options-for-lastpa...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post