cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robinstacpoole
Active Contributor

Can't log in to LastPass, blank password field after logging in

My password is not being accepted.  Using my extension in Chrome, I enter the correct email and password and hit enter.  The password is returned blank and I am not given access to my vault.  I have

- tried logging in on the home page

- removed and reinstalled the extension in Crome

- removed and reinstalled crome - deleting my browser history and restarting my computer

These steps have been repeated not only on my desktop but also my laptop

- tried accessing LP through firefox which I have never done before

- requested a new password, accessing the SMS I am sent to my recovery number and entering this correctly (4 times)

None of these approaches allow me to gain access.  At the same time, I am able to access my vault through lastpass on my android tablet.  So this is not a problem in typing the password in incorrectly.

I use LP today in my late 50s so that I’ll be prepared for my 80s!  This error response is a problem for 3 reasons:

1. This technology has let me down for a reason I do not understand
  2. I am not getting an error trail that allows me to fix this.  I simply get a blank response with no indicators on how to fix it
  3. There is no support on this question, nor any easy way to access support

Please help me get this solved.  I am questioning the wisdom of my commitment to this platform for long term application access

(Oh and for the joy of it, this is the second time I have had to type this.  The first returned error)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Password blank response

Hi @robinstacpoole,

I've reviewed your account and see that Sesame was still enabled, and since Sesame support has been retired from LastPass this would be causing this login issue. I've manually disabled Sesame for your LastPass account and you should now be able to log in. If you'd prefer to set up a different multifactor authentication method please be sure to do so here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/enable-multifactor-authentication-lp010002

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @robinstacpoole,

I've reviewed your account and see that Sesame was still enabled, and since Sesame support has been retired from LastPass this would be causing this login issue. I've manually disabled Sesame for your LastPass account and you should now be able to log in. If you'd prefer to set up a different multifactor authentication method please be sure to do so here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/enable-multifactor-authentication-lp010002

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

robinstacpoole
Active Contributor

Absolutely nailed this; thank you.  For others reading this thread, when I activated my phone multi factor it must have over readen the Sesme.  I just recently lost my phone and removed the multi factor, presumably reactivating the semse.  This does account for the ipad being the only device able to access lastpass, it was never sesme active 

robinstacpoole
Active Contributor

Thank you Rachel