cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucaswj
Active Contributor

Can't log in to my email to verify my LastPass login

I can't access the original email address i signed up for Lastpass with, but was assured that my alternate email address would be fine for any recovery issues.

Then, a week ago, I started getting this "try again and look for an email from Lastpass" crap. Not only did I not get a message to my alternate email address, the complaint ticket I filed under a different email address was completely ignored for a week now.

I cannot access any of my passwords.

I cannot log into the LastPass web site to recover my account.

I cannot even contact a customer support representative because this company has no public facing phone number. If they charge me for this service and make it impossible to cancel it, how is this not credit card fraud?

I am beyond frustrated with this situation and this is the only venue i've found to communicate with this company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Furious over this "try again" crap.

Hi @lucaswj,

While phone-based support is currently only available for LastPass Business users, if you're not able to log in to your email to verify this login, please go through the password recovery process for your email provider to regain access to your email and then verify your LastPass login. You could also try accessing your Vault in offline mode, if that was previously enabled. To do this, first disconnect all network/internet connections on your device/computer then try logging in to LastPass and you may be able to access a cached version of your Vault to retrieve your email password.

If both of these options are not available, please create a ticket for the support team to see what other options may be available to regain access to your account by scrolling down and clicking Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-nbsp-seeing-a-message-error-nbsp-please-verify...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @lucaswj,

While phone-based support is currently only available for LastPass Business users, if you're not able to log in to your email to verify this login, please go through the password recovery process for your email provider to regain access to your email and then verify your LastPass login. You could also try accessing your Vault in offline mode, if that was previously enabled. To do this, first disconnect all network/internet connections on your device/computer then try logging in to LastPass and you may be able to access a cached version of your Vault to retrieve your email password.

If both of these options are not available, please create a ticket for the support team to see what other options may be available to regain access to your account by scrolling down and clicking Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-nbsp-seeing-a-message-error-nbsp-please-verify...

View solution in original post

lucaswj
Active Contributor

My email provider literally no longer exists. I have a backup email address listed in my account that messages are never sent to, but which I need them to be.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

As noted above, if you're not able to access your email please create a ticket for the support team to see what other options may be available to regain access to your account by scrolling down and clicking Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-nbsp-seeing-a-message-error-nbsp-please-verify...

ShariLee
Active Contributor

I am another customer having the same problem, only my email is not changed or compromised, and I still can't get their promised verification email. I think LastPass needs to get rid of Logmein because it seems to be their system causing all the problems, and I have read this thread... you are getting the runaround.  The only thing she did say that makes sense is if you haven't emptied your cache.  I, unfortunately, do it every night, so it won't work for me.

I don't know what the solution is going to be, and I am desperate - really desperate!  ShariLee Beynon

lucaswj
Active Contributor

If you can log in in offline mode, you can at least export all your info, so there's that. It's frustrating.

lucaswj
Active Contributor

I did finally get them to reset the IP address block that it was using since apparently it saw my new IP and thought it was too much? So I have access again.
ShariLee
Active Contributor

How do you get them to do that???  I am willing to try most anything...

bruno66
New Contributor

Can't acess verification email

Help me, I'm Freaking out.
Been using L.P for over 12 years.
Just been logged out (presumably because lately I've been using multiple devices across different locations)
So after logging back in I'm greeted with "check your verification email "
Problem is that gmail account password is stored in lass pass. To make things worse i can't recover that gmail password ,tried all the gmall verification  steps to no avail.
Please help, willing to upgrade to premium or donate to charity, whatever it takes.
LastPass acc: warterbouy@gmail.com

dan101
Active Contributor

Verify device....Please help me.

Hi all

Im new to the forum and this issue im having is driving me crazy, i have used the free version of lastpass for years with no issues, today i was logged out of lastpass and when i tried to log in got a message to say i have to verify my trusted device  and to login to my email to verify device.

The problem is all my passwords for my email are stored within lastpass and i cant access it so how can i login to my email to verify anything? the phone number i used years ago on my email account i havent had for years so cant get any codes that way so i do know what im ment to do to get access to lastpass again.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

Dan