cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyer
New Contributor

Can't reset account, no error shown

My wife is ready to try using Lastpass again but of course, has long forgotten the password we set up years ago.  That's okay as we can just start fresh.  However, when we use the option to reset the account, we can't get it to work.  When we enter a new password, the Lastpass tool puts a red box around the password field and nothing else happens.  

I really don't want to create an email address just so we can create a new Lastpass account.  Does anyone know why Lastpass won't accept the new password and reset the account?  

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't reset my wife's account so we can start fresh

Hi @theflyer,

Could you double check that after going through the Reset process and setting the new master password, that it follows the master password requirements? The master password must be at least 12 characters long, it is case sensitive, and must include at least one upper and one lower case letter, number and symbol.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @theflyer,

Could you double check that after going through the Reset process and setting the new master password, that it follows the master password requirements? The master password must be at least 12 characters long, it is case sensitive, and must include at least one upper and one lower case letter, number and symbol.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

theflyer
New Contributor

Thank you. Your suggestion to check the password requirements was spot on.  I appreciate you providing the requirements. We've successfully reset her account.  🙂