cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireM
New Contributor

Cannot access new Last Pass account

I have a business LastPass account with the company I work for. Today I noticed you could link a personal account and separate stuff you'd want to keep if you moved on. I thought that was a good idea, so I set up a personal account, linked it in, and started moving some of my passwords across.

It then started erroring, and I thought maybe I was doing too much at once. So I let it be. This evening I needed to restart my computer. 

When I logged back into my business account, I could no longer see my personal one. I tried linking it again, and it said it was already linked to an account.  There was no unlink option anywhere in settings. I opened a separate browser to try and log in to my personal account separately. 

This is where things get problematic. After I entered my email and password, it asked me for a Google Authentication code. But I never set up Google Authentication on that account! When I say I don't have it, it asks for my password again, which I know I'm getting right, as I only set it up this afternoon, to which it says it's incorrect! I attempt account recovery, and it says the browser (and I've tried all browsers now) doesn't have recovery information, and the only thing I can do is delete the account. But I can't even do that, as I don't have any access!

Please advise, have I lost everything I moved over to it today? Do I really need the account deleted? And how do I get it deleted if that is the case? 

I'm very displeased with this situation, I've never had any issues with LastPass before. I had no reason to believe it would fail so significantly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ClaireM
New Contributor

Re: Cannot access new Last Pass account

All of a sudden the linked account reappeared in my business account this morning. So I've just moved all my passwords back across. I still can't log in to the newly created personal account directly, but I've now found the instructions on how to reset it entirely, so I'll do that and that'll get me back to where I started. The main thing is I haven't lost everything I moved. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi @ClaireM 

Without knowing what the linked status of the two accounts is currently, I would suggest you request a callback from Customer Support so they can get to the bottom of the problem as fast as possible: https://support.lastpass.com/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ClaireM
New Contributor

All of a sudden the linked account reappeared in my business account this morning. So I've just moved all my passwords back across. I still can't log in to the newly created personal account directly, but I've now found the instructions on how to reset it entirely, so I'll do that and that'll get me back to where I started. The main thing is I haven't lost everything I moved.