cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Unable To Login To My Lastpass Account

Hi @Former Member 

When you change the account email or the security alert email it states that an email with a verification code will be sent to the new email address you have entered, you need to copy the code from that email and enter it in your LastPass account to verify the new email address is valid. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Former Member
Not applicable

I will PM you with a snapshot of the email that I received when I tried to update my login email or add a security email.  It does not contain a verification code.  It only contains a link to send an email to my current, and long-dead, login email address.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@Former Member Thanks for the snapshot, I believe that message is from clicking on the Send Test Email button.

I've gone through the process of changing the email address on 2 of my test accounts this morning to confirm the flow has not changed.

To change the account email:

• Vault > Account Settings > Advanced
  • Enter you new valid email address in Account Email
  • Click UPDATE at the bottom of the page
  • Enter your Master Password to confirm
  • Check your new email account for an email from LastPass and copy the code from it
  • Go back to your Vault screen and paste in the code and confirm
  • Enter your Master Password and confirm
  • Your vault will now be re-encrypted again, how long it takes depends on how big it is
  • You will be signed out and need to sign back in with your new email and password
  • You will also be prompted to verify the new email address at some point by clicking on a link emailed to the new account email

To remove an inactive Security Alert Email from your account:

• Vault > Account Settings > Advanced
  • Delete the Security Alert Email 
  • Click UPDATE at the bottom of the page
  • Enter your Master Password and confirm

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Former Member
Not applicable

You were correct.  Email is now updated.  Thank you.

richbai90
New Contributor

Update: I did get access finally, but I switched over to 1password. The support here isn't great, the macos desktop app doesn't work well, and it's just not even worth it. I exported the passwords first chance I got and never looked back.

pWishh
Active Contributor

Re: How to deactivate "Check your credentials" ?

Their verification email sent to the security email set on account seems to be non-functionnal. I'm not receiving that email at all (nor it's sent to SPAM). I removed my security email entirely and now rely on TOTP instead.

lazy_atom
Active Contributor

Re: Review your login info and try again.

Wow. Just wow.

I have spent the last week locked out of my account, being driven slowly mad by the  RIDICULOUS GASLIGHTING coming from LastPass regarding the login process. I do know my master password. Very muchly so! It's my damned MASTER PASSWORD and I hardly mistyped it a dozen times in succession just because your utterly stupid message says so.

You guys obviously screwed up somehow (jeez - 59 pages of comments of a thread later proves it) and you are still insisting that it's somehow, us, the consumer, and users of your product are to blame.

One of your support team finally 'did something' to allow me access to my account yesterday which is ok but I do not have access to the email account I initially set up LastPass on, well over a decade ago.

Previously, when I attempted to change the email account and hit the Send Verification Email button - nothing would happen. No emails would arrive at any of the accounts I tried to change to.

However, yesterday, after finally being allowed back into my account, I tried to change the email account again, and wow, amazingly, an email DID ARRIVE, but it simply said this "LastPass Verification Email. diarmaidcollins@eircom.net has requested a verification email" but there is nothing to click - no button or hyperlink.

Nothing. 

So I still cannot change my email address to one I can access.

Yet another half-assed measure. Your support is supposed to 24/7 but I had to wait an entire week before getting yesterday's resolution. This is a week after being supplied with a link to a page that provided solutions ALL DEPENDANT ON BEING LOGGED IN. To describe that support as being tone-deaf is an understatement.

I am stunned that there are so many others with the same issue in this thread. None of us spelled anything incorrectly or mistyped our  f••king master passwords. To suggest otherwise is contemptible.

bnyosemite
Active Contributor

Well said @lazy_atom, I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been locked out for ten days now. I didn’t change my password either and I can get in on every device in offline mode. Obviously the problem is theirs. They’ve stopped responding to me now. 

As I’ve looked for another password manager I’ve noticed that LastPass is consistently one of the highest rated. What a crock. 

HelpaFriend
Active Contributor

Yes, well said indeed.
The desperation exhibited by the people here and the frustration being endured by same should have beeen addressed more fully and honestly by Logmein...
Instead, Logmein continually deflected their responsibility in a lame attempt to blame the users.
Nothing less than reprehensible.
At the end of this, it might be likely that some will never recover their valuable data. Something was botched on Logmein's end and they're sticking to their story until we all just dry up and go away.
aj2703
New Contributor

Tried to Login yesterday as I had to do a master reset on my phone.

When I went to use the authenticator it's reset.

I went to the last pass website to hopefully recover my account and even though google remembers the login details it will not let me login to the website.

I am now at a loss as to what I should do as I have tried all recovery options but not receiving any emails regarding password hint etc.

I know the email address is correct as i have the original welcome email that states it on it.