cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

@Former Member I believe we are looking at adding more ways to verify your identity, possibly using the mobile apps, but the email verification has been around for a long time and is universal to all accounts. I am checking on your ticket.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Former Member
Not applicable

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

@GlennD 

Thank you.  I can PM the email address I provided as alternate if that would help.  Since I chose both biometric and numeric two-step authentication for my account, it is disappointing that those two methods are not available to get around my issue.  Regardless, here's my status - I'm obviously locked out of my vault and to the point of having to change passwords with providers, using various security methods.  I am saving these new passwords to a new vault, created using a LastPass competitor's tool.  I don't intend to be blindsided by something like this ever again.

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

I feel you Andy.   I've been locked out since last Friday and answered all those Security Questions (including my IP address) on Saturday I believe.   I'm still awaiting my access here at the end of the day on Tuesday.   I did get a nice email from support asking what my IP Address is (not defining if it's my Router's IP they want or my Natted PC IP) so that they could grant me access.  So I supplied it again and am back in wait-and-see mode.   Valuable lesson learned here.  I was way to comfortable trusting my digital life to this tool.  I'm locked out of everything with no recourse but to beg for attention and resolution.   And this is all through no fault of mine, I didn't do anything to cause this.  Tomorrow will be my 6th day without access.

Former Member
Not applicable

@DigitalDave

I didn't do anything to cause this either.  From the looks of things, there's at least 58 pages of comments on this post from people in the same boat as we are.  The fact that we're in good company doesn't solve the problem, however.  I very much want my vault to be recovered.  It would certainly limit the pain.  But, I can't sit around and wait.  My digital life can't wait either.

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

I did find a short term solution just now. Not sure if you tried this, I haven't gone back to read this whole thread. But on my Windows 10 PC with Chrome and the LastPass Extension, I disabled my Network card and hence all access to the Internet. Then I opened the Lastpass extension with User Name and Master Password where it warned it could not connect and asked if I wanted to work with my local cache. It opened and I then exported all my accounts in .csv format. I have to search 32 pages of information for my accounts and passwords (no easy way to sort this output), but at least I have the urls and authentication in hand.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@DigitalDave The IP address that is needed is your public IP address as that is the one that our servers are seeing.  If anyone is unsure of how to find out their current public IP address this website will show you: https://www.whatismyip.com/  

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@Former Member I am not sure why we are not receiving your emails, I keep checking back but they are not there. If you click on my profile you can send your answers to me in a private message and I will add them to your ticket and let support know.

HelpaFriend
Active Contributor

DigitalDave...

Precisely...well done...you now have a printed CSV file that, after opening with Notepad or similar, gives you the passwords buried deeply in much extraneous information...I also had to print around 25 pages.

However, rather than search through that immense document, it is easily reimported...You might consider a free PW manager temporarily to import the CSV data to that alternate manager...they will show up in order...and usable in the competitor...

In my personal adventure with this problem, the sole software that does NOT seem to import the CSV format is the password manager from BitDefender...I don't understand why BitDefender does not support that extension...but most others do support it...I've seen other letters here from people who have had good experiences with BitWarden...I haven't gone back to those letters but I believe that's the one they mentioned...

Bottom line is that having the CSV is  a real godsend...allowing an import to another usable manager for now.

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

Thank you Glenn.   I have provided it twice now.   The Broadband IP address below is the same one I provided and is displayed as my public IP @ whatismyip.com

DigitalDave_0-1626829631363.png

Former Member
Not applicable

@DigitalDave

Thanks for this!  I was able to get into my cached vault however, my master password did not work for the export.  I dont know why.  I ended up opening every single record and copying all of the login information manually, then pasting to an external file.  Very painful!  Tried the export multiple times, without success.