cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgoda
New Contributor

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

Rachel, thank you for the feedback. That was an issue but once I got past that, it tells me to look for a verification email. Which I am not receiving. Please review your end again. I just tried again today with no luck.

ynota
New Contributor

Re: Check your inbox to verify it's you. No email from LastPass? Review your login info and try aga

I am having the same problem I tried to log into lastpass and I got a message popup asking me to check my email, I assumed this email is to authenticate me after my internet modem has changed it's IP address (it has happened before).

The email unfortunately did not arrive, I have checked my spam folder and tested my email to ensure it is working correctly. I checked for filters on my email account, there are none. I don't have a secondary email set up with lastpass.

I tried to get a password hint sent to me but the email did not arrive, I also tried to do an account recovery and again I did not get the email.

Is there an issue with the lastpass email server? or has my account been locked due to too many attempts?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @pgoda,

I've had our technical team review your account and they see that the login attempts from September 20 and 21 are failing due to an incorrect master password being entered. Since the account was recently created and does not have any data stored in it, you could Reset the account so that you can start over with a new master password. If you have access to the email address you can reset your account by following these steps https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/reset-your-lastpass-account-lp010066 When asked if you know your Master Password select No.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
monkia
New Contributor

Hi,

I have been locked out of my account for 5 days now.  The account has been locked because another IP addresses.  But my email is accessible only through my password stored in LastPass.  I made you aware of this on 1 Oct and gave an alternative email.  I have also sent details to @GlennD  directly.  No response to resolve this situation in 5 days.  This is really unacceptable.  

DigitalDave
Active Contributor

Good luck with that.   Same thing happened to me.   After about 10 days of redundant emails, nothing was ever resolved for me.   All because I had a "Recovery Email" at a previous ISP which I could no longer access.   It was never resolved and from the way things were going, I had no confidence that LogMeIn would ever get me back into my Passwords.
I did find that I could disconnect my computer from any Internet Connection and then try and start LastPass from the browser plug-in.   LastPass advised that it could not connect to the Internet and would I like to open my Cached local copy of Passwords.   I said yes and it opened.   I then Exported all of my Passwords and Notes using the Export function to save them all in a .csv text file.

Then, I went on-line and read reviews of other password managers.  Keeper was highly rated.   So I downloaded it and was pleased to find that I could import the entire list of exported LastPass Passwords and Notes into Keeper.    It was easy and quick.   After using it for free for a couple of weeks, I purchased a 3 year license and never looked back.    Good luck.

monkia
New Contributor

Hi, thank you so much for responding.  Your tip about going off line worked.  That at least will help me in the short term, fingers crossed that LP answers.  I find it shocking that they dont think of the basic use case that a user may protect their email address in their LP account and therefore would be locked out in this validate by email scenario.