cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImaLamer
New Contributor

Confusion between Families & Premium - No Families Premium?

Apologies, but my searches haven't been able to fully answer this question. It appears that you can only be one or the other - a LP family or individual premium users. The problem I'm having, maybe conceptually, is that the other two in my family (my wife and teenage son) do not see the value in LP. My wife, she hardly uses it, and I'm dragging her along from her insecure methods of storing 'strong' passwords. My son is fully on board, but I struggle with a way to pay for his account.

Seemingly there is no middle ground here. I can put them in LP families, which we actually don't seem to need... but I can't combine the household and simply pay for everyone at once. Instead, it appears, I'd have to get each of them to authenticate their accounts and I'd have to then use their accounts to pay for the subscription. That doesn't seem very secure.

Posting here in the case that I'm missing something out there - but wouldn't it be more secure and make more sense for the company's bottom line to let one user buy premium access for everyone involved?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Confusion between Families & Premium - No Families Premium?

Hi @ImaLamer 

A Families plan is basically a group of Premium accounts with a Manager account and shared folder you can all use included. It's the easiest and most cost effective way to pay for multiple Premium accounts.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @ImaLamer 

A Families plan is basically a group of Premium accounts with a Manager account and shared folder you can all use included. It's the easiest and most cost effective way to pay for multiple Premium accounts.

View solution in original post

ImaLamer
New Contributor

Thank you - that's not clear because I'm being pushed in the application to "upgrade" to Premium and I'm worried that the date will come where we're stuck on just one device.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

For the majority of Free LastPass accounts they are already limited to one device type, either mobile or desktop. A smaller group of accounts that were linked to expired Families plans/trials etc that are Free plans will become regular Free plans in the next couple of weeks.