cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inkymortar
Active Contributor

Desktop app randomly changing from list to grid view

My desktop app (Mac OS) randomly changes from my preferred list view to grid view with the sidebar expanded. I'm assuming this is a bug as I can't find anything in the interface that seems to offer any user preferences.

Also, why do the icons for each item take up so much space? An improved compact list view would be most welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
inkymortar
Active Contributor

Re: Desktop app randomly changing from list to grid view

Wondered if anyone is able to help with this question?

Not sure whether specific user tagging is available or appropriate on here for highlighting questions so I've tagged the two employee profiles I'm aware of.

GlennD

@CS_HelpDesk 

andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Hello again!

Are you already using the "compact" view for the vault? That is an easy way to save space and show more records at one time.

andrew735_0-1654655045958.png

I just tried reproducing this with the latest version from https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php but the state was saved and restored as expected when I closed and re-opened the application. If you are not on the latest version, maybe upgrading will resolve the issue. You can download the latest by clicking the "Check for Updates" menu item in the LastPass menubar

andrew735_1-1654655249330.png

Hope that helps!

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Yes I'm already using compact view, which is not anywhere near as compact as it could be with large icons displayed on the left. This is compounded by LP randomly deciding that I should return to grid view for no apparent reason, and opening the side panel.

I'm already on the latest version.

Any GoTo employees able to help?

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Looking for a GoTo employee reply on this. Thanks

GlennD

@CS_HelpDesk 

inkymortar
Active Contributor

Can someone respond to this please? It's been outstanding for quite some time.

GlennD

@CS_HelpDesk 

Here's a representation of what I mean by truly compact:

compact.png

Tags (2)