cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamm
Active Contributor

Downgrade from LP Teams (trial) to LP Free so I can re-join a different Teams account

Hello,

I have trialled the Teams account for my company and they have since decided to purchase Teams licences for us all. I am the account administrator for the trial account. My manager is the account administrator for the paid account. The trial period has ended. I have received an invitation to join the company (paid) Teams account, but when I try to join it, the webpage says, "User Already Added" and "Sorry, this account is already in a company: xxxx@xxxxxxx.co.uk. To add a different user, log in with the account you want to add and refresh this page."

I have checked my Lastpass account settings and under "Account information" it says, "Type: LastPass Administrator : Teams Account #xxxxxxxxxx". So it still thinks I am the administrator of the Lastpass Teams account, even though the trial has ended. This is unfortunate because I think this is what is stopping me from signing up to my company's paid account.

I have searched the Lastpass website and these forums for a solution. Apparently, any messages to Lastpass support will be ignored, as I have a Free account (at least, I think I do, regardless of what LP says?). Surely, it would make sense for the account information to automatically turn me back into a Lastpass Free user or, at the very least, to provide a button saying, "downgrade me to Lastpass Free"?

Anyway, if someone could advise me as to how I can join my company's Lastpass account that they have invited me to, I would be grateful.

Many thanks,

Liam

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Downgrade from LP Teams (trial) to LP Free so I can re-join a different Teams account

Hi @liamm welcome to the community.

Did you follow the steps in this support article already? When leaving a Families, Teams or Business account the first thing you need to do is remove any shared items and shared folders as they are not supported in a Free account. 

Support issues for Free accounts are definitely not ignored, but they have a lower priority over Paid accounts. For customers that switched to Free due to a billing issue or one like yours, there is an option to open a Billing Support ticket which is given the same priority as an other Paid support ticket.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Downgrade from LP Teams (trial) to LP Free so I can re-join a different Teams account

Hi @liamm welcome to the community.

Did you follow the steps in this support article already? When leaving a Families, Teams or Business account the first thing you need to do is remove any shared items and shared folders as they are not supported in a Free account. 

Support issues for Free accounts are definitely not ignored, but they have a lower priority over Paid accounts. For customers that switched to Free due to a billing issue or one like yours, there is an option to open a Billing Support ticket which is given the same priority as an other Paid support ticket.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

liamm
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thank you very much for your clarification. The reason I thought I wouldn't get support is that the sticky post you referred me to says:

Please note, if you are LastPass Free customer and you use this to open a non billing related ticket it will be ignored.

I'm not a Lastpass Teams customer, so assume I am a Lastpass Free customer, and I am not asking about billing, so I thought the above applied to me.

Anyway, hopefully Lastpass will address my issue and this post will serve to clarify the issue for others. Once again, thank you.

Liam

liamm
Active Contributor

I can confirm that Lastpass Billing Support resolved this issue for me promptly.