cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fahadqureshi
Active Contributor

ERROR: We couldn't find the private key required for decrypting shared passwords

First off I want to start off by saying I am having the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a paid service. I have been stuck in an endless loop trying to get my issue resolved and this is my last resort after which I will run out of ideas. 

My wife had to reset her lastpass account because she forgot my master password. Following that I re-invited her to my lastpass family account and started sharing passwords with her again but every time she tries to accept a shared password she is getting ERROR: We couldn't find the private key required for decrypting shared passwords. On the app when trying to accept password she keeps getting "undefined" error.

I tried to contact support online and every time I fill out the Contact Us form it says "Error! Please try again, or call for support." I tried calling and selecting the appropriate option which resulted in a recorded message "Please go to the website for support" and immediate hang-up.  

I am starting to think it was a mistake signing up for the lastpass premium account as support is virtually non-existent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: family account issue stuck in endless loop with no support

Hi @fahadqureshi 

The sharing keys have been removed from the account. Please have your Wife sign out of LastPass and then sign back in through the browser extension so that new sharing keys are generated. You will need to remove the original share and then share the item with her again. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @fahadqureshi,

Sorry for any frustration. Our team is aware of the issue causing some users to not be able to create a support ticket and is working to investigate & resolve this ASAP. In the meantime, we can try manually clearing the sharing keys for your wife's account and regenerating them to see if it fixes this issue. So that we have the correct details, could you send me a Private Message to let me know the email address associated with your wife's LastPass account? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @fahadqureshi 

The sharing keys have been removed from the account. Please have your Wife sign out of LastPass and then sign back in through the browser extension so that new sharing keys are generated. You will need to remove the original share and then share the item with her again. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
fahadqureshi
Active Contributor

Rachel,
Thanks for you help my issue has been resolved I appreciate your help.
fahadqureshi
Active Contributor

Glenn,
Thanks for the assist, after following your steps above my issue appears to be resolved and my wife once again has access to my shared passwords. I appreciate the help.