cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wjed9w3joeoi
New Contributor

Empty window pops up on Mac

Recently an empty window pops up mysteriously when using Lastpass. See pic. 

MacOS 12.3, M1 processor.

Lastpass 4.91.0

Also, I can't file a case. Support only offers a "Call me" option. That's not convenient for these bug reports. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 9.34.45 AM.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: Empty window pops up on Mac

Hi @wjed9w3joeoi 

Can you tell us what you're attempting to do/access in LastPass when this window appears? 

There is also a simple way to report bugs without direct contact through Customer Support: 

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
wjed9w3joeoi
New Contributor

This happens when Lastpass is launched, e.g. when the machine boots up. If I try to quit Lastpass in Activity Manager it pops up again. And if I force quit then Lastpass restarts and this window pops up again. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @wjed9w3joeoi,

That window will be empty until you are signed into LastPass, but the issue you are describing sounds more complicated than that. Please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to request a call back from Support http://link.lastpass.com/community so they can troubleshoot the issue with you and identify if a ticket needs to be filed.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
petermpls
Active Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Will try to engage support by phone.

petermpls
Active Contributor

I contacted support by phone yesterday.   They were able to use a remote viewer applet to capture the behavior as well as details regarding my OS, machine config, and lastpass version.  The agent was unable to resolve the issue but was escalating it to MacOS support.  I'll keep this thread evergreen with updates as I hear back.

petermpls
Active Contributor

Level 2 requested that I try a few more things.  It appears that it is a triggered by a combination of using MFA and being on a Mac with an M1 chip.  I am not getting the same behavior on my Intel-based Mac at work.  It is being escalated to Level 3.

teekay
New Contributor

Same issue, thanks for reporting. I'm also on M1 Mac, using Version 4.92.0 (1245). 

Rob107672
New Contributor

I also have this, any news on fix yet... It's a pain

petermpls
Active Contributor

It's been further escalated to development.  I agree that it's annoying but at least the product is still workable once you get beyond the login issue.  

My big concern is that they don't appear to be testing on M1 MacBooks.  Using MFA with Google Authenticator (or equivalent like Authy) on an M1 Mac isn't a total edge case so this should be a configuration that is in their test bench.  They should have seen this issue in pre-release testing and held back the product.