cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhculbert
Active Contributor

Error message when updating items in vault

Today I find I cannot update the URL and password for one of the items in my LastPass vault. 

I make the edits, and click Save, and I get:  "ERROR: Something went wrong.  Please try again."

I have tried multiple times with the same result.

I have also logged out and logged back in.  The issue persists.

LastPass Customer Support has no option for help with this issue because of my free LastPass account.

Nor can I go forward in reporting a bug because that option is also not available to me.

I am out of options now, except for this post.   How can I resolve this?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: LastPass Error message

Hi @jhculbert  

I apologize for the vault password error there. 

Can you help us understand which site urls specifically are causing this behavior? 

If you re-install the LastPass app, does this resolve the error? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jhculbert
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

My LastPass app is on a desktop, not a smartphone, and I'm not about to jeopardize all of that information by trying to reinstall LastPass.  I would probably find out that I can no longer install an updated version, and no older version that would work would be available any longer.  That would be DISASTER!

I don't have that URL saved any longer.  Nor am I certain it was the URL that was the problem.   The correct URL is: https://osaa.arbitersports.com

All I observed is that I could not edit the both URL and password for that item in my vault, and save those edits.

My solution was to create a new item in my vault with the correct information, and then I deleted the problematic item.

My ISSUE was, and continues to be, I have NO WAY to contact LastPass Support to report a bug.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@jhculbert  Thanks for troubleshooting, though I can assure you re-installing the app will not lose your vault data.  if you are a 'free' subscriber of LastPass, then this is the place to continue reporting bugs to the team.  If you have a paid subscription, you can also reach Customer Support by phone.

reygt
New Contributor

I have the same issue described. I can't update a password registered for a site, I received the same message "ERROR: Something went wrong. Please try again"

Is there any solution to this?
jhculbert
Active Contributor

Yes there is.   I created a new LastPass item with the new URL and password, verified it worked, then deleted the old LastPass item I could not edit.  I did not get any resolution from LastPass Support, as they wanted the URL for the old LastPass item, but I had already deleted it.  Hope this works for you, too!

natalierivera81
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. Tried to update a password and it won't let me.  Gives me the error message "ERROR: Something went wrong. Please try again."

But I tested it and it will not let me change ANY other passwords.

natalierivera81
New Contributor

My LastPass account, which I access through the URL only, will not allow me to edit ANY of my saved passwords. I could use the work-around method that another user mentioned of deleting the old URL/password and add it again and see if that works. But I obviously cannot do that for ALL of them.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know this issue is high on our priority list to fix.  I should have more information on an estimated time to resolution next week. 

Thanks for your patience. 

XJ
New Contributor

I have been experiencing this same problem.  I cannot update some of my older, pre-existing passwords in any way.  I can create new records from scratch.  This is a problem.  Is there going to be a real solution, or will we just have to keep doing this?  Create a new record and delete the old one.