cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walterg
Active Contributor

Re: Extension Identity reverts to All

I'm also still having this problem on Chrome using LastPass Extension Version 4.102.1. It would be helpful if someone from LastPass could let us know if this is a bug or not, and if it's being worked on.

mikeh3
New Contributor

I have this problem as well with the latest version of Chrome.

Is there a workaround yet?

windracer
Active Contributor

No workaround I'm aware of ... it's still annoying me.

leonidas_ftw
New Contributor

Still happening here.

Chrome 107.0.5304.121

LastPass Extension 4.103.0

OS Arch Linux

Piedro
New Contributor

Is still the case here since weeks now, both in Chrome and Edge. Was one of the features why I started using LastPass. It's a pity that email support no longer exists for Laspass Family, as it doesn't seem to be important enough. It's getting a bit annoying...
DaveP-UK
Active Contributor

Hi still the same 4 months on is this on a bug fix somewhere?

walterg
Active Contributor

I opened a support ticket on November 16th and it has been escalated to their Tier 2 support team. I have exchanged many emails with them, and everyone has been really nice. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to fix the problem. Our last communication was last night when they asked me to update to the latest Chrome extension to see if that fixed the problem (it didn't). I've mentioned this discussion thread to them a few times, hoping they would provide an update to everyone, but I haven't seen that come through. If any progress is made with my support ticket, I'll post an update here. 

David555
New Contributor

Thanks Walterg, please do.

My personal and multiple business master accounts are all experiencing the same thing for many months now. If the browser is closed, the identity usually reverts back to 'All' upon re-opening.

Hope there's progress on this bug, causing some headaches for a couple dozen employees.

walterg
Active Contributor

I promised to post an update on my support case. Unfortunately, progress has yet to be made. Their "support" has consisted of requests to see if the problem persists in the latest version of the extension each time there is a new release. The new versions have not solved the problem for me. I've asked repeatedly if they have replicated the issue and if the new versions solved the problem for them, but they have refused to answer that question. I suspect no one is working on this specific problem, and the strategy is to hope a new release magically fixes it. I've also started running into other issues:  adding a password no longer assigns it to the current Identity; trying to assign passwords to Identities fails with an error message to try again later. My subscription is about to expire, and I've decided not to renew. I've moved my passwords to BitWarden and have been happy so far. It's different from LastPass, and instead of Identities, I'm paying for a family plan with multiple users, which may not be a good solution for other LastPass users. I assume that once my subscription expires, so does my support ticket. I sincerely hope they fix this issue for the rest of you or that you find another product that meets your needs. Best of luck to everyone.

ropaolle
New Contributor

Thanks for the update Walterg. I  came to the same conclusion and have also moved on to BW. I migrated my passwords in November 2022 to BW premium and all works just fine.