cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aram535
Active Contributor

Extra field data is lost in Vault entry after logging in

I have a tmesheet site that I have to enter data into weekly.  The unique thing is that the login form has 3 fields, username, password, and orgid.

At first LastPass screwed up the form save but that wasn't a big deal, I modified the field value for the orgid and everything was good.  

The following week went to login and the password and orgid were the same value.  I thought that I had made a mistake and recovered my password and logged in again.  Made sure to logout and login with the new saved form directly via LastPass and everything was good.

Next day, early morning tried and yup still working. Six days later, when I go to login ... yup the orgid and password fields are again the same and the password is lost. 

I tried multiple different methods of saving the two different fields, deleting and doing it again.  Creating two different login entries,  Duplicating the whole entry .. none of them seem to work. 

System: Windows 10 64-bit

Browser: Firefox 84.0.1 (at the moment, but I'm sure I have updated twice since this issue started)

Form fields:

sUserName

sPassword

sParentUID

P.S.

One really neat feature of RoboForms was that the full history of the changes to the form was saved and you could see what your past X many passwords were, I really wish LastPass had that as it would have saved me from having to recover the password each time this happened. 

6 REPLIES 6
RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: After a sync extra field data is lost in login

Hello,

Could you try forcing a manual data sync to see if it resolves this issue? 

• Click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
  • Go to Account Options or click your email at the bottom of this menu > Advanced > Refresh Sites then Clear Local Cache.
  • Log out and log back in to your LastPass account, make the changes to the entry that was having an issue, and observe to see if the issue happens again

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
aram535
Active Contributor

Does the same thing, one of the fields is wipped out and replaced with the value of the other field.  In this case sPassword's value was replaced with sParentUID's value and the password is lost.

While no sync has recurred, it works fine placing all three values correctly.

RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. Could you try deleting any entries for this site, then re-adding using the Save All Entered Data method?

• Make sure you are logged in to your LastPass browser extension. Go to the website whose login or form field you need to force-save. On the login page, fill in your credentials (username, email address, password, etc) but do not press login or any other buttons on the page.
  • Click the LastPass browser icon, then go to Add item > Save All Entered Data at the bottom of the menu.
    Tip: For Internet Explorer users, click the active LastPass icon, then go to Tools > Save All Entered Data. All captured fields are displayed. If desired, enter more information and specify your desired settings for the item.
  • Click Save when finished
  • Once saved, when you return to the page LastPass should fill the data for you. You can also “force-fill” the login from the LastPass notification bar, or from the LastPass icon by selecting the site name at the bottom of the menu and then clicking “autofill”.

aram535
Active Contributor

Hi,  Thanks for the steps, tried to this multiple times and they all up lossing out the 3rd value and replacing it with the password.

RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

If you've tried all of the steps listed above and the field is still not being saved correctly, this may be a bug. So that our team can gather more details to hopefully resolve this issue, could you submit a bug report following the steps outlined here? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

maknetrover
New Contributor

Just ran into the same issue reported by aram535. Custom form field value was saved, and after a sync - it now reflects the password value and the original value of custom field was gone (with no option to recover)