cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg15
Active Contributor

Feedback on Lastpass support articles: Incident Response Decision Tree needed for novices

I recently upgraded from Premium to Families. Before I only had my computer and phone to worry about, but making the jump to Families, where multiple users who are not tech-savvy have multiple devices requires careful consideration of many different potential scenarios, such as:

What happens if lose/break my phone which is my 2FA for my Lastpass vault?

Same question but the phone is stolen?

How do I make sure criminals can't unlock my phone/computer/tablet?

What happens if the device I normally log in from breaks?

What is the best 2FA method for me? Is the LP authenticator better than Microsoft/Google/etc.?

What happens if my phone is stolen while it is unlocked? 

What happens if my phone is stolen while it is unlocked and I am logged in to my Lastpass vault? (unlikely but still possible...)

What if I forget my master password?

How can account recovery be used against me by a criminal?

There are many others...

The support articles were useful, but it would be nice to have some kind of straightforward, easy-to-understand Incident Response Decision Tree either as an infographic or FAQ that helps users to get a big-picture view of how to not only use Lastpass, but how to secure their digital life in general while using Lastpass. It should be able to provide users with a simple answer for each potential incident, and perhaps reference other support articles. I had to piece everything together on my own by dreaming up various scenarios and then consulting the support articles, but I studied computer science, and there are so many people who are not very tech-savvy who would not be able to do this well, or find it to be too overwhelming. I'm not even 100% sure that I've covered all my bases. Anyway, that's just been my experience. There's a lot of information to digest on your support page, which I'm grateful for, but it's a lot...

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: Feedback on Lastpass support articles: Incident Response Decision Tree needed for novices

Thanks for the keyword feedback @greg15

Let us know if you cannot find any specific articles. There are a bunch of linked articles referencing a lost phone within this article that should fit most of those scenarios: https://support.lastpass.com/help/i-lost-my-phone-ndash-how-do-i-disable-multifactor-authentication-... 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
greg15
Active Contributor

Re: Feedback on Lastpass support articles: Incident Response Decision Tree needed for novices

AshC, much of the information is up there, but it requires sifting through dozens of articles. There is no single document or centralized FAQ/infographic that users can consult to find out where to go or what to reference. As it stands, the burden is entirely on them to figure out what questions to ask. There's no map or security "tour guide." It's not realistic to expect users to even know what they should be concerned about or plan for. Businesses can hire IT people to handle everything for employees, but individuals and families don't have that kind of training or experience.