cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbatim
Active Contributor

Having trouble logging in to one account

I have two separate free accts.: one on Samsng tablet, one on Mac desktop.

I am able to log in with the acct. on the tablet. However, I am completely unable to login with the desktop acct. When I request a login hint, I get none. No messages to my inbox.

I have made no recent changes to my acct.

One possible clue: when I log in on desktop windows, I get the error that "cannot reach login server".

Question still remains: why was one acct. easily accessible, and the other not.

I am worried that maybe somehow, someone might have taken over my acct. as I get no messages to my inbox when requesting hints or other login assistance from this desktop acct.

Anyone else experiencing pr

16 REPLIES 16
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Having trouble logging in to one account

Hi @verbatim 

I checked the account registered to the email address you sign into the community with and we have been send you verification emails. Please search for email from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com, you may want to add it to your email contacts as that can help prevent the emails being flagged as spam. Once you find the most recent email click the Yes it is me link to verify your identity.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
verbatim
Active Contributor

Hello, thanks for the quick response before.

I still have not received any email from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com (or any email at all besides the one alerting me of your response.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @verbatim,

I've checked our email system and do see that verification emails are being sent to your LastPass account email. We would recommend checking your email account in a browser, instead of through a mail app or mail program, and making sure that these emails aren't being sent to the junk/spam folder instead of your inbox. We would also recommend checking your email settings to be sure no LastPass or LogMeIn email addresses are being blocked or are on the blocklist/blacklist. Additionally, please be sure these email addresses are added to your allowlist/whitelist in your email settings: support@lastpass.com, do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com, support-replies@logmein.com and then attempting to log in to LastPass again which will prompt a new Verification Email to be sent. The subject line of the email you're looking for is "LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked"

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
verbatim
Active Contributor

Yes, I do use webmail rather than an app. I contacted the company that provides my email. The technician said they have some sort of spam firewall in place:

"lastpass.com was already whitelisted. I checked, and some of the IP range that matches lastpass.com was on the firewall blacklist. I whitelisted the IP range and removed the blocked ranges.

Please check now. If it doesn't work, please ask LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers so you can whitelist their IPs."

Is it possible to provide any further info about "LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers"

I have received emails from

support-replies@logmein.com
mailer@us.khoros-mail.com
do-not-reply@logmein.com

As you can see from this thread, the initial LastPass support rep said, "...search for email from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com" which seems to be one that I have not received emails from.

verbatim
Active Contributor

I contacted the company that provides my email. The technician said they have some sort of spam firewall in place:

"lastpass.com was already whitelisted. I checked, and some of the IP range that matches lastpass.com was on the firewall blacklist. I whitelisted the IP range and removed the blocked ranges.

Please check now. If it doesn't work, please ask LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers so you can whitelist their IPs."

Is it possible to provide any further info about "LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers"

I have received emails from

support-replies@logmein.com
mailer@us.khoros-mail.com
do-not-reply@logmein.com

As you can see from this thread, the initial LastPass support rep said, "...search for email from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com" which seems to be one that I have not received emails from.

verbatim
Active Contributor

For some reason, LastPass thinks I do not have the browser extension installed, when you can see (circled), I do.

Any help appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 11.33.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 11.33.01 AM.png

verbatim
Active Contributor

I have been locked out of this account for several days now. If I hadn't recently made a backup of all the logs/passwords for this acct., I would be in a bad way.

Please take a look at the screen shots and notes.

Any help appreciated.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@verbatim  That error happens when you have no recovery one-time passwords stored in your web browser cache.  What is a Recovery One Time Password in LastPass?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
verbatim
Active Contributor

The is the first time EVER I have had any trouble with LastPass. This still doesn't explain why I can't log back in to my account.

I am still confused why I am suddenly locked out of my account and why I cannot log back in.

Please look at the screen grabs from the in the thread.