cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Having trouble logging in to one account

The screenshots are from the recovery process that relies on a recovery one-time password that is stored in the web browser. The recovery process is not the same as signing in. 

I can only review the LastPass account that has the same email address as you use for the community, and it shows that verification emails were sent that email address. If that email address is valid and you have access to it you need to look for email from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com with the subject of: LastPass Security Notification: Login attempt blocked, and click on the Yes it is me link in the most recent email.

The links are good for 2 hours so if it is expired try to sign in again and if the email and master password are correct a new verification email will be sent. Since you are not using something like Gmail, if you cannot find any verification emails you will need to check your email server to make sure that our email is not being flagged as spam incorrectly.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
verbatim
Active Contributor

As I mentioned in a previous note of this thread: I spoke with a tech person who administers my email server. He said they have some sort of spam firewall in place:

"lastpass.com was already whitelisted. I checked, and some of the IP range that matches lastpass.com was on the firewall blacklist. I whitelisted the IP range and removed the blocked ranges.

Please check now. If it doesn't work, please ask LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers so you can whitelist their IPs."

Is it possible to provide any further info about "LastPass for the IP range of their SMTP servers"

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

We use a service called Sendgrid for our email. The emails are coming from do-not-reply-support@lastpass.com and I believe the IP address is 149.72.148.187 although that may change. If possible it would be best to allow list the email address rather than the IP.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
verbatim
Active Contributor

Thank you for that info. I will pass it to the tech who hosts my mail.

verbatim
Active Contributor

I have finally regained access to my LastPass acct. It seems two issues collided with each other.

1. my mail provider's spam blocker was (for some very odd reason) blocking only certain of LastPass's email.

2. for some reason LastPass suddenly determined that my computer was "new" or "not trusted" source:

"Someone just used your master password to try to log in to your account from a device or location we didn't recognize. LastPass blocked this attempt, but you should take a closer look."

(so every time I tried to log in, I was never receiving any "Login attempt blocked" email from LastPass, as that email address was somehow on a spam blacklist.)

My question is about point two: do you have any idea why my computer suddenly changed status and I was suddenly considered a non-trusted source? I have used this same laptop for years, and I haven't changed locations or traveled anywhere, either. So my IP and location should not be changing at all.

The only reason I can think of of is that maybe *my ISP* changed my IP number. Do you know of any other reason why I would suddenly be locked out?