I have a Family plan with 6 users and need to upgrade to Teams to add a 7th.
I think there is no direct way to convert a Family plan to Teams. Does anyone recommend a roundabout way to do it without losing data?
Here is the plan I was thinking of: Since I don't think the same email address can be associated with 2 different LastPass accounts, I was thinking I'd temporarily create a new email address to be the Admin of a new Teams account. Export all the passwords out of the LastPass Family account(s) and import back into the new LastPass Teams account. Then delete all old users from the old account, delete the account completely. Then re-add the users under the new Teams account. Then I'd change the Admin of the Teams account to my old existing email address that was the Family Admin.
I'm afraid of the exporting and re-importing of the passwords and other secure info. I'm also concerned that the system won't allow me to immediately re-invite email addresses I deleted from the old account, and that switching the Admin of the Teams account afterwards may be an issue. Does any one have any best practice advise?
In order to do this you need to leave the Families plan and revert to a single user account again, then you can upgrade to a Teams account and invite the users to join that. Remove all shared items and then delete the empty shared folder etc
If I leave the Families plan as the sole Family Manager:
1. I assume I will still see all the "shared" folder passwords I have access to now, but they will just convert to a non-shared folder. If not, are all my shared and non-shared pws still viewable by me somehow after I temporarily leave? OR do I have to move the contents of every shared folder to a non-shared one before I "leave" the family plan?
2. Do the other family users automatically revert to a basic free account in the interim? Do they continue on in the Family without me? Or do they lose their account completely?
3. Once I leave the Family Plan, do the other members continue to have access to their non-shared passwords? I assume they will lose access to all Shared folders, even if they were an Administrator on those folders. Do they continue to have access to anything? Should I remove them from any shared folders before I leave the Family Plan?
3. I will upgrade my downgraded single user account to a Team account and then re-invite the same family users/email addresses back. If those users accounts continued to exist during this whole plan change, do they carry with them whatever passwords existed or will they have to reimport anything?
4. I didn't understand at what point your comment "Remove all shared items and then delete the empty shared folder etc.," comes into play, but hopefully my previous questions would clarify it.
Thanks in advance for your help! I just want to make sure we don't lose passwords!
As the Family Owner, you can delete your LastPass Families account, which will downgrade all Family Member accounts associated to LastPass Free accounts. Please review this important information before deleting a LastPass Families account, which also provides each step for how to delete a LastPass Families account (including moving all shared items out of shared folders and in to your Vault): https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-delete-a-lastpass-families-account-as-a-family...
Leaving a Families account (or any type of LastPass plan/subscription) does not affect any items saved in your or any other member of your Family/account's Vaults--no items will be deleted from their personal Vault, the only items that would no longer be accessible would be once the shared folders/items are moved out of a shared folder or un-shared.