cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zackalec
Active Contributor

I have to enter password EVERY time

On my desktop, I have to enter the password ever time I try to log in to something. All the settings are correct to not need this. It is really frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6
Johnn287591
Active Contributor

Re: I have to enter password EVERY time

Yes, same here, it constantly logs me out (Free account). It has been an absolute nightmare for weeks.  When you can, export all your data to a csv file and import it into Bitwarden as a backup. I may try opening another free account to see if it makes any difference at all.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Zackalec 

Can you provide some more details? Do you mean you are being prompted to re-enter your Master Password before you can do anything? If that is the case I would suggest checking your account settings.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Zackalec
Active Contributor

I have to enter the password every time I come back to my computer after my computer goes into sleep mode.  My settings are correct for this to not happen, yet it happens. I see others have the same problem. I even upgraded to the paid product hoping that would help. It did not.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Zackalec,

This can happen if your browser or another extension is set to clear your cookies/cache/history often or on browser close. Please configure your browser settings to allow third-party cookies, add https://lastpass.com as an exception for other extensions which may be blocking cookies or clearing history, and allowlist LastPass wherever applicable. Please also be sure that options such as "Delete cookies and site data when browser is closed/quit" are not enabled in your browser's settings/preferences as well.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Zackalec
Active Contributor

Is there a number to call so someone can help me?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Currently phone-based support is available only for LastPass Enterprise users. If you would like additional help/steps for how to allow cookies in your specific browser, we do have a help article here with steps for each browser: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-seeing-a-message-that-my-session-has-expired-l...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!