cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js67
Active Contributor

Re: I received an unexpected text with a security code

Hello:

I see your message was not replied to.  THis just happened to me.   Any updates?

MartinP
New Contributor

Re: I received a text unexpectedly with a security code

I had the same this morning at 01.09, i.e. a not requested authentication code received.  I have just contacted LastPass support and changed my password...

MartinP
New Contributor

Re: I received an unexpected text with a security code

I had the same this morning at 01.09, i.e. a not requested authentication code received.  I have just contacted LastPass support and changed my password...

js67
Active Contributor

Re: I received a text unexpectedly with a security code

Thanks.  That makes the most sense. 

mrkey
New Contributor

Re: Verification code was triggered not by me

In going through the article you referenced, I get to the step of restriciting to only trusted devices.  Is there a way to correlate the string of hex digits to a specific phone r tablet?  I find nothing under my phone info IMEI/MAC address/etc that corresponds to the number given for Mobile devices in my valut.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Verification code was triggered not by me

Hi @mrkey,

When you log into LastPass using a mobile device, that device is listed in your Mobile Devices list within your Account Settings. For security purposes, your mobile device's label/random identifier (i.e., UUID) is displayed as a string of randomly generated letters in numbers in UUID format. In doing so, LastPass has no record of a mobile device's actual UUID anywhere within our systems. If desired, you can rename the UUID for better recognition by following the steps here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/manage-mobile-devices-using-lastpass-lp030005 (under the "Rename a mobile device's label/random identifier" section)

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Gridmstr75
New Contributor

Receiving text messages with verification code every 5 mins

i currently only use last pass on Pc desktop as Mobile has been disabled unless i buy premium access, ive been using LP for long time however that last couple weeks ive been receiving text messages to my phone from a 703 area code phone number indicating last past verification code in which i am not logging into my account is some one trying to hack my account, my master password should be fine.. not sure whats going on . thanks 

Tags (1)
hgarcia1
New Contributor

Re: Someone tried to access my lastpass account

Glenn, I also got a  Verification Code by SMS without ever asking for it (2021-05-001 22:00UTC) . The login and event history seem way too simple and does not show any SMS event. What else can we do? Is there any UI with failed attempts and requests to send recovery/alternative login option?

Tags (1)
scat1620
New Contributor

I've received two SMS messages in the last four days that appear to be LastPass SMS account recovery codes which I did not request, and my Account History shows two failed login attempts (one from an IP address listed in Poland, one from an IP address listed in the Seychelles) during this time period.

I've got MFA turned on and I'm confident that my Vault is secure, but along with the other recent posts in this thread it does seem like there might be some wider activity from hackers attempting to access LastPass accounts lately.  Just posting this to report that I have also experienced what I think are some unauthorised access attempts so that the LastPass staff and other fellow users are aware.

Fotofilly
New Contributor

I have been experiencing the same thing for two weeks.  Now, I can't even get into my own account!  The log-in page just keeps on re-appearing.